Of Kings and Prophets
For this discussion, you will study three Kings: Uzziah, Hezekiah, and Ahaz, both historically and as an example of obedience and disobedience to God’s will. Your reading in Isaiah will provide further insight into God’s actions in response to the faith and rule of these kings.
Upon successful completion of the course material, you will be able to:
• Discuss the role of the prophetic voice as it impacts the political, social, economic, and spiritual affairs of Israel and the surrounding nations.
• Discuss God’s enactment of judgment in the lives of His own people as a means of redemption and restoration.
• Demonstrate critical thinking that applies Biblical texts to present-day living.
• Textbook: God with Us: An Introduction to the Old Testament
• Bible: A standard translation, as noted in the syllabus
For this discussion, you will review the following three Kings of Judah. Note their unbelief and disobedience and/or their faith and obedience. Observe how the writers think about and comment on the kings.
King Uzziah was also called Azariah. A brief perspective of his life is found in 2 Kings 15:1–7. A larger view is found in 2 Chronicles 26:1–23. Isaiah does not specifically refer to Uzziah, except regarding the political situation that Isaiah addresses. You really need to read the 2 Chronicles passage to get an understanding of Uzziah’s significance.
King Hezekiah’s story occupies 2 Kings 18:1–20:21.
King Ahaz’s story is found in 2 Kings 16:1–20. This text parallels the account found in Isaiah 7:1-25.
1. Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
2. Review Chapters 13 and 17 in your textbook, God with Us: An Introduction to the Old Testament.
3. Review the following in a standard translation of the Bible as noted in the syllabus:
a. 2 Kings 15:1–7, 16:1–20,18:1–20:21.
b. 2 Chronicles 26:1–23.
c. Isaiah 7:1–25 and 36:1–39:8.
4. Navigate to the threaded discussion and respond to the following:
a. Focusing on Isaiah’s messages to the kings Hezekiah, Uzziah, and Ahaz, briefly discuss how God responded to the faith and rule of each of these three kings. How are the results seen in each of their kingdoms?
b. Discuss parallels or warnings for our own time in light of God’s actions through Isaiah in this ancient historical account. For example, explain what issues and sins might apply to present-day political and religious leaders.
5. Provide support for your answer using properly cited references from the Bible and your textbook.
6. Refer to the “Background Information” for additional information to assist in your assessment of the three kings.
a. Be well developed by providing clear answers with evidence of critical thinking or asking critical thought questions.
b. Demonstrate engagement with the course materials.
c. Add greater depth to the discussion by introducing new ideas. For more information on Of Kings and Prophets check on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Of_Kings_and_Prophets
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.