Nu 310 unit 8 assignment
Data Collection and Analysis
Throughout this course you have applied the unit learning to the critique of two studies in a step-by-step manner. The studies are reported in these articles:
Foster-Fitzpatrick, L., Ortiz, A., Sibilano, H., Marcantonio, R., & Braun, L. T. (1999). The effects of crossed leg on blood pressure measurement. Nursing Research 48(2), 105–108.
Palese, A., Skrap, M., Fachin, M., Visioli, S., & Zannini, L. (2008). The experience of patients undergoing awake craniotomy. Cancer Nursing 31(2), 166–172.
For this week’s Project, you will submit a critique of the data collection and data analysis methodologies used in these studies. Remember that one is a qualitative study, and the other is a quantitative study, so different criteria apply. In your textbook on pages 112–114 there is a guide to the critique of a quantitative study, and on pages 115–117 is a similar guide to the critique of a qualitative study. (Also note that in each chapter there are dialog boxes related to specific critique questions for that specific section of the study). Be sure to address both the descriptive and inferential statistics if indicated and the author’s generalization of the results.
In your conclusion, summarize your overall review of these sections of the study. How well did the researchers follow the research process guidelines? Did you find anything unusual? How does it impact the overall research study if any of the elements are missing?
The finished Assignment should be a 3-4 paged critical/evaluative essay, excluding the title page and references. The viewpoint and purpose of this Assignment should be clearly established and sustained.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above)
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Home) to make sure you have included everything necessary;
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors; and
- review APA formatting and citation information found in the KU Writing Center, online, or elsewhere in the course.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th edition format for organization, style, and crediting sources including:
- 12-point, double-spaced, Times New Roman font
- use of in-text citations
- title page and reference page
- use of headings (if applicable)
Submit the Assignment to the Unit 8 Dropbox before midnight on the last day of the unit.
When you are ready to submit your assignment, click the Dropbox tab and select this unit’s basket from the dropdown menu, then attach your file. Make sure to save a copy of the assignment you submit.