Network access control | Information Systems homework help
Week 3 Assignment 1 is worth 150 Points or 15% of my overall grade in the class. SO READ THIS TO GET A PERFECT GRADE ON THIS ASSIGNMENT.
I am not looking for fluff and filler into the paper to meet page length requirements. So I do not need a bunch of made up data on LOTR (the company of the assignment). There is enough information to supply you what you need in the 3 attachments supplied as part of the directions.
The grading criteria are as follows as per the rubric. I do not want to read your paper multiple times to pull out the gradable material.
Just make the HEADERS of the paper sections numbered 1-3c (taken from the grading rubric) and add the title in the header (1a. Endpoint Security) and answer the question in full. Answer each question in order. Make a reference section at the end in APA format for the minimum 3 references.
1. Analyze NAC Best Practices and how these can also be detrimental to LOTR, outlining goals for the following areas: (Weight 30%)
1. a. Endpoint Security
1. b. Direct Login
1. c. Remote Access Click for more options
2. Determine what type of mechanisms will be used to enforce and monitor NAC controls and the frequency with which these should be implemented. Weight 25%
3. After assessing the LOTR Network Design; outline five potential issues related to NAC that you see in the network’s overall design (high-level overview) for the following areas: (Weight 30%)
3. a. Describe any operational risks that could affect business processes.
3. b. Describe the consequence of a threat or vulnerability to the infrastructure.
3. c. Recommend network changes that will implement the proper NAC controls.
4. Cite three quality references. (Weight 5%)
5. Clarity, writing mechanics and formatting requirements. (Weight 10%)
In a business environment, controlling who has access to business information and at what level is critical for facilitating day-to-day business operations. The emphasis of Network Access Control (NAC) it to decide who or what has authorized permission to access resources on the network. In a new age of risks, it is important to re-identify access controls.
Scenario: You have been hired as an IT Security Specialist for a company called LOTR Experience. The leadership at LOTR has recently expressed concerns over various possible security issues. They would like you to be “a new set of eyes” and lead the efforts to review their current security protocols. As an expert in this field, your first task involves assessing NAC and providing a high-level assessment to leadership.
Write a technical assessment in which you:
- Analyze NAC Best Practices and how these can be detrimental to LOTR, outlining goals for the following areas:
- Endpoint Security
- Direct Login
- Remote Access
- Determine what type of mechanisms will be used to enforce and monitor NAC controls and the frequency with which these should be implemented.
- After assessing the LOTR Network Design, outline five (5) potential issues related to NAC that you see in the network’s overall design (high-level overview).
- Describe any operational risks that could affect business processes.
- Describe the consequences of a threat or vulnerability to the infrastructure.
- Recommend network changes that will implement the proper NAC controls.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.