Need a worksheet completed for eng 125 introduction to literature
This is the prompt & literacy work that I have chose to do the assignment on.
PROMPT 1 Write an analysis of a key character in a literary work. Focus on the key actions and thoughts of that character. Discuss the character’s motivations and decisions in terms you can support with clear evidence from a critical reading of the text. Consider whether this character’s actions fit together or contradict each other. You may also want to consider whether or not any other characters in the story are aware of this conflict, and if so, how they influence the character you are writing about.
Literary Works (choose one):
“Piropo” (Leticia del Toro, 2011) [ch. 5] Guiding Questions 1. What types of conflicts are revealed between the narrator and the other workers? Between the narrator and their employers? (Cultural? Familial? Economic? Others?) 2. The first-person narrator comments on how a woman in the story dresses and acts. How does this relate to the conflicts in the story? 3. How could you address the narrator’s internal conflict (“individual v. self”) in terms of the political, familial, and social conflicts in the story?
In your worksheet,
- Identify the specific prompt and literary work you will write about.
- Explain the connection between the literary work and the prompt you chose.
- Explain the key components of the literary work (e.g. character and setting) using literary terms.
- Discuss a central conflict in the literary work and how it connects to your chosen prompt.
- Develop a working thesis that articulates an analytical claim about the literary work. (Keep in mind that “working thesis” means you can slightly modify your thesis for the draft and/or final essay.)