Multiple questions answers | Accounting homework help
1. What is the correct definition of a paraphrase?
A. The author’s words or ideas verbatim in quotation marks with a citation
B. General knowledge that doesn’t need to be cited
C. Summarized version of a longer idea in a source
D. Borrowed information restated in your own words and sentence structure
2. Easy Bib and Cite This For Me are examples of online
A. sources for the American Chemical Society.
B. sources for APA and MLA.
C. bibliographic generators.
D. bibliographies of the American Psychological Association.
3. The symbol ® means the ________ is registered.
B. fair use work
4. Which of the following sentences is true?
A. Even if the information has been restated in your own words and sentence structure, you still need to use a citation.
B. Fair use permits an individual to make multiple copies of a periodical article for other people.
C. Plagiarism doesn’t include paraphrasing someone else’s words without giving proper credit.
D. Patents protect symbols, a word or phrase, and names used by a particular company that represent the company or a product.
5. The correct term for the list of sources in APA format is
A. Bibliography Page.
C. Works Cited.
D. Citations Page.
6. When citing, you must provide _______ to tell your readers exactly what information you borrowed from your sources.
A. in-text citations
B. your research journal
C. your notecards
D. a bibliography page
7. Fair use
A. applies to photographs, which cannot be legally copied.
B. allows you to make additional copies of an article for other people to use.
C. permits someone to copy an entire book or periodical.
D. gives a person the right to copy select portions of a book for personal study or research use.
8. It’s important to keep organized notes when performing research because doing so will help you
A. remember which sources you don’t want to use in your project.
B. avoid plagiarism.
C. differentiate between which sources are fair use and which ones aren’t.
D. prove to your instructor you did your research.
9. A research journal can help you keep notes
A. for your bibliography arranged according to pages.
B. from multiple sources arranged according to the date they were accessed.
C. on notecards arranged according to author.
D. from a single source together with the required citation information.
10. _______ is an exemption to the copyright law.
A. Intellectual property
B. Trademark protection
C. Fair use
D. Patent protection
11. Plagiarism is defined as
A. using common knowledge in your work.
B. properly using quotations and citations in your finished work.
C. using material in your paper that is classified as fair use, even if citations are included.
D. dishonestly using another person’s ideas or finished work as your own without giving credit for the source.
12. APA style is generally used in which fields of study?
A. Literature, history, and anthropology
B. Science disciplines, such as chemistry, biochemistry, and engineering
C. Humanities-related areas such as literature, composition, fine arts, and communications
D. Social science disciplines, such as sociology, psychology, economics, and nutrition
13. According to Penn Foster’s Student Handbook, the Academic Dishonesty section defines cheating as any:
A. effort at inappropriate collaborative activity in which the work submitted to the school does not represent the work of the enrolled student.
B. effort to contact a tutorial service provided by Penn Foster for additional academic assistance.
C. effort to collaborate with other students to assist you in the learning and writing process.
D. effort to contact your instructor or school staff in order to clarify your directions and limits of collaboration with fellow students.
14. Notecards help you when researching because they keep your
A. Web pages organized by URLs.
B. citations in alphabetical order.
C. research organized.
D. quotations in parenthetical order.
15. A logo would need
A. a patent.
B. proof of fair use.
C. a trademark.
D. a copyright.
16. To which of the following does the protection of a trademark apply?
A. Symbols representing a product
B. Literary work
C. Graphics on the Web
D. Scientific process
17. Although online bibliographic generators are generally accurate, it’s always best practice to verify the accuracy of the citations by
A. using Purdue University and Long Island University’s online writing labs.
B. copying the citation styles used in other authors’ bibliographies.
C. borrowing real-life examples of research in your given field of study.
D. comparing various citation styles and using whichever one makes the most sense.
18. One form of plagiarism involves
A. referring to information that is common knowledge.
B. restating an author’s ideas in your own words with a citation.
C. introducing a quotation with a signal phrase.
D. using an author’s organization or sentence structure without citation.
19. What is the definition of intellectual property
A. A collection of ideas presented to academic scholars pertaining to a specific subject
B. All scientific and artistic works and ideas that officially register for one-year protection with the government End of exam
C. Any original thought, regardless if it’s been expressed or developed into a tangible creation
D. An idea, invention, or process that derives from the work of the mind or intellect
20. What information is not required in a bibliographic citation?
A. Author’s name
B. Country of publication
D. Date of online access