***You will need to do some independent research on the internet to complete this assignment***
Discussion Assignment 6:
Objective: To research what mental health resources are available in the community and think more deeply about community-based solutions that could be implemented effectively.
Original Post Due Wednesday 12/02 by 11:59 pm.
Describe one mental health resource available in your community. Explain why this resource is important and who (which populations are eligible to use this resource). Note that you can define your own community. For example, you can choose the LTCC community, or wherever you live or grew up.
Choose a mental health concern/clinical diagnosis/disorder. Then answer the following:
2. Research the mental health disorder and describe the symptoms and duration that are typically experienced (be sure to use DSM V criteria).
3. What resources are actually available to help someone who thinks they might be suffering from this? Choose two levels to examine:
In the community/city/region
At the state level
At the national level
4. To whom are resources available? (e.g., Are resources only available to those with insurance? Are resources only available to certain populations such as students, single mothers, elderly? Are resources only available if you follow certain steps?) How can they be accessed?
5. Is there a gap between what is recommended and what people actually have access to?
If yes, what are the consequences of this gap and how can we address it?
If no, what are the consequences of having the needs of this population adequately addressed?
2 Replies Due Friday 12/04 by 11:59 pm.
1. Are the resources your peer describes adequate? If not, why not?
What can be realistically implemented to more fully address the problem your peer poses? (e.g., create an awareness campaign to increase understanding in the community and decrease social stigma; make weekly walk-in, or scheduled, therapy available, be sure to explain )
2. How can it be implemented? (e.g., Student-led organizations, lobbying to state officials, forming non-profits, connecting to existing non-profits, etc.)
Respond to posts of two of your classmates. Remember to be respectful.
For more information on Mental Health Resources read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_health
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.