Media relations | Article writing homework help
Create a PR strategy, tool, or technique to address one of the two assignments. Keep in mind the elements that make a story newsworthy which you learned about in Chapter 2.
Assignment 1: Select an expert endorser and a well-known celebrity to build media attention, credibility and acceptance for each product / campaign. An expert endorser is a person who is considered an expert in the field. For example, a dentist would be an expert endorser for a dental product. A celebrity is someone who is well-known in the public eye. Provide a detailed explanation of why you made your choices. Remember that you need to research extensively the expert endorser and celebrity you choose and be familiar with their backgrounds and any scandals that may prevent them from representing the product / campaign well.
- lightweight luggage
- suntan lotion
- a public service campaign for literacy training for adult learners
- hiking boots and winter outerwear
- a new hybrid fuel car that will be environmentally responsible
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving organization
- A public service campaign to conserve water usage
Assignment 2: Propose some possible “trigger events” that will draw the media to cover your client for each scenario below. Imagine that you have a limited budget for this event. In this context, a trigger event is an orchestrated event that is aimed at generating media attention. To make a rather regular event newsworthy, a PR professional could think of a trigger event to trigger media attention to this routine event. Why do you think your events will be effective in attracting the media to cover them? Remember to rely on what media considers newsworthy. For this assignment, you cannot use political/entertainment celebrities. Before proposing an event, do some research to learn whether such an event has garnered media attention in the past. Finally, be realistic with your proposal.
- A Red Cross campaign for new blood donations
- A new homeless shelter in your town
- Raising the visibility of Lasell College and President Michael Alexander
- The opening of a new flower shop in your suburban community
- The opening of a new upscale restaurant and shopping center on Boston’s waterfront