Math discussions | Mathematics homework help
Company MRK declared profits of $ 5,000,000 for the year 1999. The profits were from its three groups (research, product, and consulting) as shown in the pie chart. The profits from the product group were further categorized as shown in the second pie chart. How much was the profit from appliances?
Explain how you got your answer.
you will need one sheet of graph paper to complete this activity.
Part One(2 points): State your first and last name. Use the letters in your first name and last name to write an equation of a line in slope-intercept form, y=mx + b as follows:
1. Let x = the number of letters in your first name. Write down the coordinates of the x-intercept using this value for x (If your first name is hyphenated, you may use only the first or last part).
2. Let y = the number of letters in your last name. Write down the coordinates of the y-intercept using this value of y (If your last name is hyphenated, you may use only the first or last part).
3. Find the slope of your line using the x and y intercepts from #1 & #2.
Part Two (3 points): Write the equation of the line using y = mx + b. Replace the m with the slope from #3 and the b with the y value from #2. Use the equation generated to complete a table of at least four ordered pairs. You already have two ordered pairs from #1 and #2.
Part Three (5 points): Use graph paper to sketch a graph of the line in part two. Please be sure to write the coordinates of all points on the graph, label the x and y axes, place arrows on your graph.
Scan or take a picture of your work all completed on one sheet of graph paper. Upload your picture to the discussion editor. Please make sure everyone is able to read the information on your graph.
Alternatively, if you are really savvy with Google Draw, you may use this software to create your graph and upload your drawing to the discussion editor.
Contains unread posts
Unlocked: Thursday, September 28, 2017 5:00 AM EDT – Friday, September 29, 2017 11:30 PM EDT.
Please review the post of your peers before responding. Each student must provide a unique response.
1. Define the terms, “leading term of a polynomial” , “degree of a polynomial”, and the “degree of a term” in your own words. (3 points)
2. Write a monomial of degree 6 with leading coefficient 8 using three variables (x, y, z). (1 point)
3. Write a trinomial of degree 2 with leading coefficient -3. (2 points)
4. Write a binomial of degree 2 with leading coefficient of 4. (2 points)
5. Write the conjugate of the binomial in #4. multiply your response by the binomial in #4 . State the result. (2 points)
Unlocked: Tuesday, October 3, 2017 5:00 AM EDT – Wednesday, October 4, 2017 11:30 PM EDT.
Must post first.
When working with rational expressions, restricted values are values of your variable that results in an undefined rational expression. Given the following rational expressions:
2x+4×2−x−6 and 2x−3
1. Determine whether the rational expressions are equivalent and explain your answer.
2. Determine the values that would make the rational expressions undefined. Are these values the same or different? Explain.
You must start a thread before you can read and reply to other threads