Directions: Answer any five questions. Please answer completely at least two pages each question double space font 12 Times New Roman. You must use personal examples and utilize content of the course. Answers will be incomplete without the theories that we did in the course
1. All of society is Interdependent and Interconnected. Explore this statement as it relates to contemporary family and how you are personally impacted. Discuss within your own culture.
Talk about stable and harmonious myth
2. How is ideal family different from ‘real family’ experiences? Share ten examples.
Talk about stable and harmonious myth
From the book : Even in today’s world, the cultural ideal of family remains unaltered by dramatic family transformations of the past few decades. The ideal is the presumably stable, two–biological parent, male-breadwinner, female-homemaker family of the 1950s (Demo, 2000:17). In addition to prescribing family structure, the family ideal con-tains notions about the appropriate values, norms, and beliefs that guide the way families relate to one another (Pyke, 2000:241). “Family” is a warm and happy realm: two heterosexually married adults and their children living together comfortably, and going about their lives in mutually satisfying and harmonious ways. “Family”
3. Describe the ‘Godly Family’ of the colonial USA and outline five similarities and five differences when compared to our contemporary family.
From the book “The English migrants who ventured to New England sought to avoid the disorder of English family life through a structured and disciplined family. They possessed the idea of a godly family: a patriarchal institution ruled by the father, who exercised authority over his wife, children, and servants much as God the Father ruled over his children or a king—the “father” of his country—ruled his subjects. This “godly family” conformed to the teachings of the Bible (Mintz and Kellogg, 1988:1). It was a social, political, and economic unit that performed important functions for colonial communities.”
4. Marriage in Colonial America was different and similar to marriage in Modern family and now post modern family. Explore, clearly describing all three eras and how your own culture view all three eras. (my culture view would be Islam’s view)
5. How were children viewed in the three eras, namely, colonial, modern and post-modern?
6. How did African American families survive? Explore their experiences and show how different they were from European families.
7. The Great Recession from 2007 to now as mentioned in the textbook impacted the family. Describe ten impacts
8. Describe ten ways that religion helps keep marriage working better and five ways that religion is not beneficial to marriage.
9. How has globalization affected racial ethnic minority families? State five benefits and five ways that globalization has not benefitted.
10. Describe ten effects of immigration on family dynamics.
For more information on Marriage in Colonial America read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_American_women_in_Colonial_America
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.