Literature Review is a coherent essay of a literature review, “it’s not an essay or an annotated bibliography”. It will be a review of the literature directly related to the topic or problem under study, followed by an explanation of how your research question grows out of that review that is, showing how you identify your own research focus in terms of “gap” in previous research. The purpose of the literature review is to know what others have discovered before you begin your investigation of your own, to ground your study in a particular context of what is known about a subject in order to establish a groundwork for the topic (or question) being researched.
• For this assignment you are asked to complete a literature review on a topic of your choice, the topic must have a qualitative method focus.
You are asked to locate at least 5 qualitative journal articles published in the last 10 years on your topic
• Write a 4 -5-page double spaced (excluding title & reference pages) literature review on the articles you’ve selected.
Steps to completing your literature review:
1. Choose a topic that you are interested in studying
2. Go to the library or use discover to search for and locate journals that include your topic’s keywords (you can visit the library and see a librarian if you need assistance). You may also use google scholar
3. Find articles, read the abstracts and skim the articles to determine if they correspond well to your topic, AND have a qualitative focus
4. Select at least 5 journal articles and photocopy them for your project.
5. Read your articles and begin to sort and classify them according to their findings
6. Organize your articles by sorting and classifying their findings in a meaningful way, always considering your original topic and research question. 7. Write an outline for your literature review.
8. Write your review.
9. Revise your review.
Outline for writing your literature review:
1. Introduction (without this heading)
Write an introduction paragraph for your review.
• Defines or identifies the general topic, issue, area of concern, hence providing an appropriate context for reviewing the literature
• States research questions for this review
• Tells the reader specific information on how many articles you reviewed and how you sorted the articles into common themes based on findings (results).
2. Body (without this heading)
There is a number of ways to organize the evaluation of your sources. Before you begin this section, be sure that you have sorted your articles into different themes based on the articles’ findings (sometimes called results). After you sort your articles, it is important to give your sorted groups a descriptive name. The names of the sorted articles will become your headings for each of the paragraphs that you write in the body of your review. The body of your literature review will include,
• Theme 1: a paragraph or several paragraphs that describe the first theme that you identified and compare, contrast, and/or connect the articles you’ve selected.
• Theme 2: a paragraph or several paragraphs that describes the second theme that you identified and compare, contrast, and/or connect the articles you’ve selected.
• Theme 3: a paragraph or several paragraphs that describes the third theme that you identified and compare, contrast, and/or connect the articles you’ve selected.
This is the last paragraph of your literature review. In this paragraph, it is important to briefly summarize the main findings from the articles that you reviewed and to point out how your research questions were answered or not answered, what the gap is (what if my questions are all answered – you then need to identify new inquiries so that you will contribute to the field).
This is the last page of your review. It serves as a listing of all references that you mentioned in your paper. Please make sure that only references cited in your document are listed here. Please use APA style when completing this list. For more information on Literature Review check on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Literature_review
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.