Before you read chapter six in the Law for Nurse Leaders text, view the following short videos by Will Gadd & David Hillson for an overview of managing risk. .
Will Gadd https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTdFkPTTnsA Three Simple, Fun, & Effective Tools to Help You Manage Risk
David Hillson (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLAEuVSAlVM Risk Management Basics: What Exactly is It?
1. As always, find out about the speakers. What are their backgrounds & credentials? (Why is Hillson the “The Risk Doctor”? Where do you think he got that title? How has Gadd created a career from risky behavior?)
2. What key points can do you take away from each presentation risk management?
3. Then, consider the issue of risk in health care. Chapter 6 of Law for Nurse Leadersbegins with: “The health care system is complex and intricate, and thus there are inherent risks to patients, staff, and organizations”.
One might conclude that risk management in health care is all about patient safety & reducing risk to organizations.
Reading a bit further in your text: “health care risk management is defined by The Joint Commission (TJC) and the American Society for Healthcare Risk Management (ASHRM) as a process that involves “clinical and administrative activities undertaken to identify, evaluate, and reduce the risk of injury to patients, staff, and visitors, and the risk of loss to the organization itself”.
Risk management is yet another area in which nurses play an important role.
Carefully read the rest of chapter 6 with attention to regulations, law, & ethical duty.
1. Describe the role of a hospital or long-term care risk manager. Is this person likely to be a nurse? If not, what discipline would do well in this role?
2. What factors are likely to determine the work of an acute or long-term care RM?
3. What do you think that a day in the life of a risk manager would look like? (You will likely have to do some more reading about this.) See if you can find a RM job description from your workplace or online to add substance to your comments.
4. Finally, how does a RM interface with clinical nurses, managers, & other disciplines?
For more information on Leadership Ethics in Healthcare read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nursing_ethics
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.