Law ii, 5 questions and 500 word paper
1. Joanna verbally contracts to work with Jimmy for three-years. After Joanna starts work, Jimmy fires her without cause. Joanna sues Jimmy for breach of contract. Is Joanna likely to recover under the contract? Is there some other legal theory that might support a legal recovery?
2. Steven enters into a contract with Mandy. The contract is for Mandy to repair Steven’s car for $600. What are Mandy’s rights and duties? What are Steven’s rights and duties? If the contract expressly prohibits any assignment, can Mandy assign his right to payment?
3. Johnny sells his car to Tammy for $700. Johnny works as a construction worker. Johnny notifies Tammy that he has the goods at the buyer’s disposition, and that Tammy is free to pick them up at any time. While Tammy is on her way, the car is stolen with no fault at Johnny. Who bears the risk of loss? Assume the contract is silent on who bears the risk of loss
4. The Soda Company manufactures bottles to contain carbonated beverages. They have invested millions of dollars to provide the most state-of-the-art bottling facility the world has ever seen. And their QA process is unmatched. The Soda Company takes every precaution to ensure that it’s bottles are of the highest quality. One day Cody buys a bottle of soda with a bottle manufactured by the Soda Company. The bottle was not substantially changed from the time of manufacture to the purchase. As soon as Cody opens the bottle, it explodes in his hand causing lacerations. Cody sues for negligence. Will he recover? Be sure to list and apply the elements of negligence to this case.
5. Same facts as #4 except that Cody sues under a strict product liability theory. Will Cody recover under strict product liability? Be sure to list and apply the elements of strict product liability to this case.
- Reflect upon your experiences in the class so far. How do you think the material learned in this class would be important for business owners?
- What lessons have you found to be particularly important?
- What would you like so see more emphasized as we continue with the course?
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
- Write between 500 – 750 words (approximately 2 – 3 pages) using Microsoft Word.
- Attempt APA style, see example below.
- Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
- Include cover page and reference page.
- At least 60% of your paper must be original content/writing.
- No more than 40% of your content/information may come from references.
- Use at least two references from outside the course material, preferably from EBSCOhost. Text book, lectures, and other materials in the course may be used, but are not counted toward the two reference requirement.
Reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) must be identified in the paper and listed on a reference page.Reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) must come from sources such as, scholarly journals found in EBSCOhost, online newspapers such as The Wall Street Journal, government websites, etc. Sources such as Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, etc. are not acceptable.
A detailed explanation of how to cite a source using APA can be found here (link).
Download an example here