Intro to criminal justice: Using one of the possible topics listed below (see, Topics), you will prepare an annotated bibliography.
What is an Annotated Bibliography?
· A bibliography is a list of books, articles, and documents. (CCJS bibliographies must be written in the American Psychological Association (APA) format
· The annotation is a brief (usually about 150 words) paragraph that provides some descriptive and evaluative information about each book, article, etc. (See the four elements that are requied in your annotation narrative under item 5. below.)
1. Your Annotated Bibliography must contain four (4) outside (not instructional material for this course) sources, at least two of which must come from the UMUC Library data base.
2. Locate books, periodicals, and documents that may contain useful information and ideas on your topic. You may conduct your research with the assistance of a UMUC librarian, reviewing your own personal materials on the topic, using the Internet, visiting an actual library, etc. and review the available items. Then, choose those works that provide a variety of perspectives on your topic.
a. Note: You can connect to Library Services by using the Library link under Resources in the Classroom Task bar; or,
b. Link directly to the UMUC Library Guide to Criminal Justice Resources link in Content
3. Type the reference “citation” information for the book, article, or document using the American Psychological Association (APA) formatting standards. (There are links to APA format standards under Library Services.)
4. Each reference is to be followed by the annotation. The purpose of the annotation is to inform the reader of the relevance, accuracy, and quality of the sources cited. Creating an annotated bibliography calls for a variety of intellectual skills: concise exposition, succinct analysis, and informed library research.
5. Write a concise annotation (150 words) for each reference that summarizes the central theme and scope of the book, article, or document. This must include one or more sentences that,
a) evaluates the authority or background of the author (Why should we be impressed with what they wrote?);
b) comments on the intended audience;
c) compares or contrasts the work with at lease one other article in your biography; and
d) explains how this work helped you better understand your bibliography topic.
NOTE: Annotations vs. Abstracts : Abstracts are the purely descriptive summaries often found at the beginning of scholarly journal articles or in periodical indexes. Annotations are descriptive and critical; they expose the author’s point of view, clarity and appropriateness of expression, and authority. Abstracts will not be accepted for this project.
Select ONE of the following topics for all four (4) of your resources.
(Note: Other topics may be submitted to your instructor for prior approval.)
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.