Project Income Statement analysis: 3 Workbook Questions
1. Based on your horizontal analysis of Choice Hotels’ and Marriott International’s total revenue, total expenses, and net income, which company would be a more attractive target for an acquisition by the equity firm and why?
2. Given the changes in total revenue, operating income, and net income from 2016 to 2017, did Choice Hotels or Marriott International experience more change? Which area (total revenue, operating income, or net income) changed most?
1. Based on your horizontal analysis of Choice Hotels’ and Marriott International’s total assets, total liabilities, and total equity, which company is most attractive for an acquisition by the equity firm and why?
2. What advice would you give to the client, Choice Hotels, to reduce its total liabilities?
1. Based on your horizontal analysis of Choice Hotels’ and Marriott International’s operating, investing, and financing activities, which company is most attractive for an acquisition by the equity firm and why?
2. What advice would you give to the client, Choice Hotels, to improve their investing and financing activities?
1. Quick ratios between 0.5 and 1 are considered satisfactory, as long as the collection of receivables is not expected to slow. Does the client, Choice Hotels, have enough current assets to meet the payment schedule of current liabilities with a margin of safety?
2. Which of the above ratios would you use to determine which company, Choice Hotels or Marriott International, is more attractive for an acquisition by the equity firm and why?
1. The return on assets ratio tells us the profit generated by each dollar in assets. You will want to compare this ratio to Choice Hotels’ historical performance and to Marriott International to understand if it is an acceptable ratio. Is the return on assets ratio acceptable? Why or why not?
2. Which of the above ratios would you use to determine which company, Choice Hotels or Marriott International, is more attractive for an acquisition? Why?
3. Based on the financial statement analysis, earnings per share analysis, budgeting ratios, and the above profitability ratios, which company would you invest in and why?
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.