APPENDIX B – Individual Project: IM Strategy Project
This project requires research, imagination, and logic in applying the content of this course and book. For your project, create an imaginary company that you have been operating or interesting in the domestic arena for some time. You represents top management, and you have decided it is time to go international.
IM Strategy (Content: 160 points) Due Jul. 30
• Describe your company (Company Profile). (15 points)
• Address the reasons for going international (5 points).
• Decide on an appropriate country in which to operate, and give your rationale for this choice. (5 points)
• Give a cultural profile of the local area in which you will be operating. (Cultural Profile) (35 points)
• Describe your approach to world market, and give your reasons for this strategy. (15 points)
• State your planned entry strategy, and give your reasons for this strategy. (15 points)
• Decide on the staffing policy you will use for top level managers, and give your rationale for this policy. (15 points)
• Describe your training and compensation programs for both expatriates and host nationals. (15 points)
• Discuss the communication problems your expatriate managers might face in the host-country working environments.
How should they prepare for and deal with them? (15 points)
• Describe your motivational systems and leadership you think would be most effective in the host environments. Give
your rationale. (15 points)
• Explain any special control issues that concern you for this overseas operation. How do you plan to deal with them?
• Identify the concerns of the host country and the local community regarding your operations there. What plans do you
have to deal with their concerns and to ensure a long-term relationship? (5 points)
Each student is to complete and submit an IM Strategy report in PPT and the PPTs are to be posted in the Module 3 for a total of 20% of the final grade. There is no limit or requirement in length of report, but considering the topics needed to be included, around 40 long slides would be recommended.
The result from the Originality Check needs to be lower than 20%, otherwise penalties of 10% of grade deduction for each 10% increase in the result will be imposed.
IM Strategy (PPT: 40 points) (Due by Jul. 30)
Grading criteria for presentation PPT consist of excellence of preparation (quality and quantity), in-depth of contents, degree of understanding of the topics, and delivery. Students are to prepare for a complete set of the IM Strategy analysis in PPT for a presentation. The content needs to be reasonably sufficient enough for students to fully and completely understand the agenda. The slides will be better off by professionally designing in terms of font size, colors, layouts, graphics, effects, multimedia effects and so on, for an effective delivery.
a. Content Preparation (20 points)
b. PPT Designs (10 points)
c. Delivery: Efficiency and Effectiveness (5 points) d. Use of the bottom space for writing (5 points)
For more information on IM Strategy Analysis read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_management
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.