Advocacy is essential to the work that human service professionals do with children and their families. For this assignment, you will explore the ways in which advocacy interventions are useful by developing a case study involving one or more children and family members.
Please be sure to address all of the following in your assignment:
• Develop a case study that involves a child or children and family members.
o, Make sure to be descriptive in terms of the ages of any children involved, which family members are part of the case study, and their ages and role with the child/children. Include any other information that is pertinent, and include the socioeconomic status of the individuals in your case study and other important background details.
• Identify an issue that is impacting the child(ren) and the family members.
o, Provide some general background on the issue you chose. The background should be specific to the family, along with general information about how many people are impacted by the issue in society, the history of this issue in the country, etc.
• Analyze two ways in which advocacy would be beneficial to the case that you discussed.
o, Be sure to discuss why advocacy is beneficial in terms of the self-determination of the individuals in your case study.
• Explore three advocacy interventions that would be particularly useful to the individuals in your case study.
• Examine any challenges that human service professionals may encounter when advocating for the individuals in your case study and analyze how human service professionals could overcome these challenges.
Your assignment should be a 3- to 5-page expository essay, not including the title and reference pages, and should include the following elements:
• Title page: Provide your name, title of the assignment, course and section number, and date.
• Body: Answer all the questions in complete sentences and paragraphs.
o Your responses should reflect professional writing standards, using proper tone and language. The writing and writing style should be correct and accurate, and reflect knowledge of advocacy for children and families.
• Reference page: Sources listed in APA 7TH EDITION format.
o, Include a MINIMUM OF FOUR scholarly or academic sources to support your responses and conclusions. ONE OF THESE REFERENCES MUST BE THE TEXT. (ATTACHED).
• Use Arial or Times New Roman 12-point font, double-spaced and left-aligned.
• Use standard 1″ margins on all sides.
• Use current APA formatting and citation style.
Please read the following attached chapter from the text:
• Chapter 3: “Human Services Advocacy Interventions” (ATTACHED)
Canavan, J., Pinkerton, J., Pinkerton, J., & Dolan, P. (2016). Understanding family support: Policy, practice, and theory. Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
• Chapter 4: “Direct Work With Children, Parents, and Communities” (ATTACHED)
Standpoint. (n.d.). Attorneys & advocates against domestic & sexual violence. http://www.standpointmn.org/
SafeHouse Center. (2020). Legal advocacy services. https://www.safehousecenter.org/find-help-support/legal-advocacy-services/
PLEASE USE THE GRADING RUBRIC ATTACHED IN WRITING THE PAPER. For more information on Human Services check on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_services
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.