Human Resource Management homework help
$40 for the DQ’s Work on th ALEKS Pie PAPER 3 to 5 pages
- Take a position on whether or not the total area under a normal distribution is infinite. Provide an example to support your response.
This week’s facilitators are Victoria Berfet, Jesus Guzman, Daniel Onnen, and Amanda Rubio.
Did Jim and Laura Buy a Car?
Worth 200 points
HINT: See Chapters 10-14 of the text to help understand some of the legal issues covered in this assignment.
Jim and Laura Buyer visit the local car dealership because they are interested in buying a new car. The car they currently have is aging and is starting to have mechanical problems. Jim and Laura would share the new car, and use it to go back and forth to work and school. Before going to the dealership, Jim and Laura decide that they can only afford $400.00 a month in car payments.
Once at the car dealership, Jim and Laura meet Stan Salesman. Stan shows them several vehicles and Jim and Laura test-drive several of the cars. Jim and Laura particularly like the blue 4-door sedan. Therefore, they agree to give Stan Salesman a $100.00 deposit to hold the car for a day. Stan Salesman does not give them the receipt but guarantees that the $100.00 is refundable. No documents were signed.
The next day, Stan Salesman calls Jim and Laura to ask them when they would like to take delivery of the car. Jim and Laura, on the way home from the dealership, decided that they were not going to buy the car because they did not want to spend that money each month. Therefore, Jim and Laura tell Stan salesman that they have decided not to buy the car and request their $100.00 deposit back.
Stan insists that the $100.00 was a deposit on the car and was meant to be part of the contract to buy the car. Stan is very persistent and insistent that Jim and Laura have contracted to buy the car; therefore, the $100.00 will be applied to the purchase price of the car. Jim and Laura are shocked and angry as not only do they not want to spend the money, but now feel as though they are being duped by Stan Salesman.
Jim and Laura have an appointment to see a lawyer in a few days, but know you are a student taking a business law class and come to you for advice. They are very frazzled, and understandably upset that they may have just purchased a car. Since you have been taking business law, you have read and understand the elements of a contract and the defenses to a contract. Therefore, although you are not a lawyer, you provide some basic advice from what you’ve learned in your business law class.
In three to five (3-5) pages, advise Jim and Laura based on the above facts as presented, the material provided in the text, and material covered in the lecture. In your paper, be sure to address the following:
- Define the elements of a legal contract using examples from the scenario where applicable.
- Decide whether or not there was a contract for the purchase of the automobile.
- Identify the facts from the scenario which support your decision on whether or not a contract exists for the purchase of the automobile.
- Use at least two (2) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as quality academic resources.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
Arbitrage Movie CLIP You Work For Me 2012 Richard Gere Movie HD
- View the video in which one person believes they are partners and the other believes it is an employer / employee relationship. Agents may bind the principal in a number of ways. When you are reviewing the video, consider whether the intentions / understanding of each party make a difference, and then respond to the discussion question below.
- Pin: Find a current article from a credible source that focuses on the employee/independent contractor issue or on agency. Pin it and explain your perspective on it given your understanding of agency law and employee/independent contractor relationships.
- Consider: As a small-business owner, you are faced with rising costs, particularly employment costs, insurance, et cetera. So, you decide to hire some friends and pay them as they work, rather than go through the expense and procedure of bringing in “actual” employees. Your friends wear the business uniform, deal with vendors and customers, and tell friends and family that they work for the business. One friend / employee orders way too much from a vendor. The vendor has dealt with the person numerous times; in fact, the person has been ordering from the vendor for months.
- Post: Since the person who ordered was not an ”employee,” but a friend you hired, are you liable to pay for the improper order? Discuss the implications of agency that apply in this situation, and describe at least one (1) way the company may be able to cancel or return the order in question. Be sure to support your legal analysis with concepts and definitions from the reading.