Human computer interface (hci) | CIS510 | Strayer University
Everything we touch that is electronic has a Human to Computer Interface (HCI). Some companies put a lot of effort into the user experience; some, not so much. Some are very complex with enormous functionality (computer operating systems and smartphones) and some are much simpler (ATMs, gas station pumps, lottery ticket machines, movie dispensing machines).
For this assignment, choose either a simple interface (one with a few options) or a singular function of a more complex item (like a singular function of your smartphone, such as to create and send an email). Remember that there are several options for many of these. Visit the interface that you chose.
NOTE: Keep your selection to something simple, as you will find there are many options even in a simple task.
Write a paper in which you address the following:
- Research history and background of the HCI (just a few of paragraphs).
- From your chosen HCI, describe all the steps and options that are available to use and complete the task.
- Build an Activity Diagram such as those on pages 138 Figure 5-5 and 139 Figure 5-6 of the textbook. Use Visio, MS Word or your choice of program that can create an activity diagram. YOU NEED TO CREATE THE DIAGRAM, NOT TAKE ONE FROM THE INTERNET.
- Reflect on the experience. Do you feel the process you chose was well designed? Do you think it can be improved?
- Use at least 2 quality resources. NOTE: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.