Hazardous material safety: Develop a spill response program for Acme Chemical Manufacturing, Inc. The company uses chemicals in large containers to produce specialty chemical blends for clients that they then ship in smaller containers. Using the existing chemical inventory list, you confirm the following hazardous materials are present in the following locations:
Chemical Quantity (Container) Location
Acetone (100%) 10,000 gal. (AST) Building 2
Benzene (100%) 600 gal. (5 plastic totes) Storage Room A
Formaldehyde (100%) 1,000 gal. (AST) Storage Room A
Methanol (100%) 500 gal. (5 gal. bottles) Storage Room A
Sulfuric Acid (70%) 250 gal. (2 plastic totes) Storage Room BAST=Aboveground storage tank
Building 2 is a 15’ X 15’ building with a concrete floor, CMU block walls, and no drainage that is located adjacent to the main building. Acetone is transferred to the main building through piping. The room has a portable ABC fire extinguisher on the wall.
Storage Room A is a 20’ X 20’ storage room inside the main building. The plastic totes and glass bottles are stored on commercial racks on two separate walls inside the room. The aboveground storage tank (AST) is located in a corner of the room. The room has a concrete floor with CMU block walls and no drainage. There is a diked area around the AST that can hold up to 1,500 gallons of a liquid. The room has three portable ABC fire extinguishers spread throughout the room.
Storage Room B is a 10’ X 10’ storage room in the main building. The room has a concrete floor and CMU walls with no drain. There are no fire extinguishers in the room.
In your written spill response program, address the areas below.
1. Explain what additional information you would need to perform a risk assessment for the hazardous materials used at the site. Where could you obtain the necessary information?
2. After obtaining the necessary information, perform a risk assessment for health on each of the hazards using the risk assessment matrix in the unit lesson. Report the numerical score for each hazard.
3. Discuss which hazard you believe represents the greatest health risk to workers in the area.
4. Discuss which hazard you believe represents the greatest environmental hazard.
5. Develop a list of the equipment and personal protective equipment (PPE) that you would recommend to be procured and maintained for a spill response for each of the hazards.
Explain why you chose each of the pieces of equipment and PPE and where you would store the equipment and PPE relative to the locations of the hazardous materials.
6. What level(s) of training do you think would be necessary for members of the spill response team if you were planning to conduct spill response operations with in-house employees?
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.