In this lab we will look at data which is unencrypted and data that is encrypted. We will use a tool called GNS3 to simulate two routers that are connected via a point-to-point link. We will run data through this link while looking at the packets going through it. The tool we will use to view the data is Wireshark which is probably the most important tool we as network engineers have in our toolbelt. Let’s answer the following questions as we go through the lab.
1. What is the cleartext data that is being sent in the ping between the two PCs? _____________________
2. What is the protocol used for the ping utility? ____________________
3. How many ping messages do you see? _____________________ Why? ________________________________________________________________________
4. Is this data encrypted or unencrypted? _____________________________
5. Now let’s make a change in the router. What types of messages do you see now? Does it look the same as the messages we saw before we made the change to the router? ________________________
6. What protocol do you see now? ____________________
7. Are you still able to see the source and destination MAC address? __________What layer is this you are looking at the MAC address in? _____________
8. Are you still able to see the source and destination IP address? __________What layer is this you are looking at the IP address in? _____________
9. Can you see the cleartext data you saw before? ____________________________
10. Explain the ESP protocol. Does what we see in Wireshark make sense? Write a paragraph answering these two questions.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.