Fraud schemes and fraud investigations
Fraud Schemes and Fraud InvestigationsDue Week 7 and worth 280 points
Using the Internet, identify and research a company with an employee(s) who was involved in corporate fraud. Coordinate an investigation, identify various types of surveillance and covert operations, identify red flags, and recommend a fraud prevention plan.
Introduction should only be 6 sentences.
Write a 6 page paper in which you:
- 1. Based on your research, assume that you are fraud investigator assigned to coordinate an investigation of the fraudster. Determine how you would implement this investigation without the fraudsters knowledge. Provide support for your rationale.
- 2. Assuming you are the fraud investigator on this case, assess what types of surveillance and / or covert operations you would use to collect evidence related to the fraud. Analyze technological options for investigating fraud, indicating what you believe to be the most effective option. Provide support for your rationale.
- 3. During the investigation, assess the most significant red flags which would have been an indication of possible fraud needing corrective action by management. Â
- 4. Based on your research, suggest key practices the fraud investigator could have used in conducting interviews with the fraudster and the companys employees.
- 5. Assess the various interviews and interrogation questions available to you, and select the type of interview and interrogation questions that would have been most appropriate for this investigation. Provide support for your rationale.
- 6. Recommend a fraud prevention plan for this organization. Determine the positive or negative consequences that this fraud prevention plan might have on employees morale and the public perception of the organization. Provide support for your rationale.
- Use at least 6 quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.Â