Final proposal (business) | Business & Finance homework help
Paper 2: Final Project Proposal Memo (10%)
NOTE: Before beginning to create this paper, CAREFULLY read the instructions for Paper 7, including Planning Long Reports in the Course Resources.
Write a memorandum addressed to your instructor:
(1) describing an actual problem in your office, school, church, or volunteer organization that you do not have the authority to correct;
(2) identifying the specific decision maker (by name and position) who can act on a researched report you propose to write for your final project, which will be Paper 7;
(3) proposing your solution;
(4) including a list of research sources in American Psychological Association (APA) format of at least three of your required eight specific sources (not just generic statements such as, “I plan to use articles from the newspaper and the web”); and
(5) a Gantt Chart depicting the timing of your expected progress on the problem-solving researched proposal you are asking permission to pursue as the final paper in this course. (For guidance on how to create a Gantt Chart, review this resource on Gantt Charts in the Course Resources)
Use the underlined words/phrases in the numbered list in this paragraph as the headings in the body of your memorandum to your instructor. As always, you will also include an introduction paragraph explaining why you are writing, and a conclusion with a clear call to action or request.
- Describes the problem or project you want to work on and explains its significance
- Explains your proposed solution in detail
- Describes the benefits of your research to your organization
- Describes the specific steps the decision maker must take to implement the solution
- Uses at least three appropriate sources in APA format
- Summarizes research from your cited sources
- Includes correct Gantt Chart with adequate detail tracing your next steps in producing the proposal
- Uses emphatic, concise, fluent sentences
- Contains no proofreading errors
Sample Topics for Final Project (Paper 7)
Here are a few topics for which students have written successful final reports in the past. Hopefully they will help give you some ideas for your own topic. Please note that each of these topics deals with a specific problem or issue in a specific school, church, organization, etc. with which the student is personally involved. Again:
The issue or problem you address should be a LOCAL problem for which your report might actually do some good in your workplace, school, church, educational institution, non-profit organization, etc. You cannot solve the national debt crisis or issues such as immigration, abortion, or climate change with a brief class project. Again, look around you and find a LOCAL problem to research and analyze and propose a solution for — one that has a SPECIFIC decision maker (not the Congress, or the “Government” or “our company/community should”).
Many students at YOUR school are financially “illiterate” and often make unwise choices and decisions about money.
Implementation of a Personal Finance Education Workshop at XXX University
Student Development Director, Counseling or Career Center Director
Children at a SPECIFIC school or daycare center are vulnerable to predators.
Develop policies to help children be more secure and help parents feel better about leaving their children at the facility.
daycare director, principle of school, school board, etc.
Hackers have accessed personal data of employees and/or customers at YOUR company or organization.
Develop or find an existing tool (software and/or hardware) to make data more secure.
President of company or organization.
Employee productivity (at YOUR company) is being reduced by dropping off kids at various daycare centers around town, and they are spending large amounts of money on daycare.
Create an onsite daycare center.
President of Company, Human Resources Director
Military dependents (on YOUR base/post) are struggling, emotionally and financially, while service members are deployed overseas.
Create a support group on/near XXX military base or post.
Base Commander, Dependent Liaison Officer
Employee productivity (in YOUR company) is being reduced because some employees are abusing internet access by shopping online, using Facebook, etc. during work hours.
Create a fair internet usage policy that works for everyone.
Human Resource Director, Company President
Students (at YOUR school) are joining a specific student club, fraternity/sorority,etc., but many are not participating in activities and functions. (Could also apply to “grownup” volunteer organizations, civic clubs, church-related ministries, etc.)
Propose ways to help members remain interested/involved in the organization.
President/officers/board of directors of club or organization.
NOTE: These sample topics are presented to give you an idea of the types of problems that would be acceptable for this assignment. The problem that you address will of course be different. If you still need help deciding on a topic, contact your instructor immediately (not the day before or the day that the proposal is due) for help.
For examples of student work, see here and here.
Please submit your assignment as a Word .doc, .docx or .rtf attachment to your Assignment folder using the link below or through the Assignments gateway in the classroom navbar. Your completed work is due by 11:59 p.m. ET Sunday, Week 2.