examine the reimbursement processes of different health insurance
View an introduction to the Assignment here. Be sure to adjust your audio settings.
Unit outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
Course outcome assessed/addressed in this Assignment:
HI215-2: Examine the reimbursement processes of different health insurance plans.
Go to the CMS.gov Home Health Compare website at: http://www.medicare.gov/HomeHealthCompare/search.aspx
Source:Home Health Compare. Medicare.gov. Retrieved from http://www.medicare.gov/HomeHealthCompare/search.aspx
- Explore the site including the green link “About the Data” and the blue side bars “Home Health Spotlight” and “Additional Information” and answer the following questions:
- List a way in which “Home Health Compare” can be utilized;
- What is the difference between “process” and “outcome” care measures?
- What are the current data collection periods” for the home health available measures?
- What is the data source for the majority of the process and outcome measures?
- How is the data collected?
- What is meant by the term “risk adjusted” as it relates to outcome measures?
- Review the Medicare coverage for Home Health. What are the typical services covered and not covered?
- What is the HHABN and how it is utilized?
Conduct a search for a home health agency in your state by using the “find a Home Health Agency” search box. Narrow your search by using the “Modify Your Results” if you choose.
- Choose three agencies to compare and click “compare now”.
- What type of services are provided? Are there any services not provided?
- Write a 2–3 paragraph summary of the results of the “Quality of Patient Care” results for your three agencies. Include the following:
- Provide an explanation of the data and why the information is important for the selected measures.
- How your selected agencies compare to the state and national averages for the selected measures.
- Why is preventing unplanned hospital care important?
Please be sure to download the file “Writing Center Resources” from Doc Sharing to assist you with meeting APA expectations for written Assignments.
Submitting Your Work
Put your responses in a Microsoft Word document. Save it in a location and with the proper naming convention: username-CourseName-section-Unit 7_Assignment.doc (username is your Kaplan username, section is your course section, 7 is your Unit number). When you are ready to submit it, go to the Dropbox and complete the steps below:
- Click the link that says “Submit an Assignment.”
- In the “Submit to Basket” menu, select Unit 7: Assignment.
- In the “Comments” field, make sure to add at least the title of your paper.
- Click the “Add Attachments” button.
- Follow the steps listed to attach your Word document.
To view your graded work, come back to the Dropbox or go to the Gradebook after your instructor has evaluated it. Make sure that you save a copy of your submitted project.