Ethics essay | Psychology homework help
Your assignment must illustrate knowledge of the concepts through an original personal and/or professional integration of the text material. All assignments MUST be typed, double-spaced, in APA style, and must be written at graduate level English. The content, conciseness, and clarity of your answers will be considered in the evaluation of your work.
You must integrate the material presented in the text in your own understanding, and cite your work according to APA format.
Assignment should be approx. 1 page per question.
Entire assignment should be 4-6 pages, plus a title and reference page
1. Discuss the difference between the General Principles and the Enforceable Standards.
2. Knapp, Handelsman, Gottlieb, and Vandecreek state that actions contrary to the Ethics Code may arise when psychologists apply their personal values to their professional activities. Describe how this may occur and what a psychologist can do to prevent this happening.
3. Moffett, Becker, and Patton (2014) stated that obtaining competencies is necessary to recognize ethical or unethical situations. Describe what a new therapist should do in order to limit the number of ethical mistakes they make in clinical practice.
4. Dr. Jones has received an order from a judge demanding that she turn over all psychotherapy notes related to a client she has been seeing in therapy. The order states that the notes must go to the attorney of opposing counsel. Dr. Jones’ client has refused to sign a release of the psychotherapy notes. What ethical issues must Dr. Jones address and what steps must she take?
5. Multicultural ethical commitment requires a strong desire to understand how culture is relevant to the identification and resolution of ethical problems. Discuss how a psychologist can ensure that they make culturally ethical decisions.
Recognize the major issues related to sound and professional practice in psychology
Assess and evaluate legal and ethical mandates in clinical context
Describe local laws regulating the practice of psychology
Explain the training, supervision, and state licensing requirements
Formulate ethical applications to culture and diversity issues