Drug investment ppt part ii
June 16th, 2020
It is your job to develop a market analysis for four different healthcare markets with unique insurance systems. These four analyses will be contained within one 10- to 11-slide presentation to the board of directors. Your analysis will serve as a basis for deciding which country to market Comanapracil:
- United States
Create your presentation as follows:
- The first slide will be an analysis of the relationship between spending on healthcare per capita and life expectancy in each country. Begin by referring to the World Bank charts “GDP Per Capita,” “Health Expenditures Per Capita,” and “Life Expectancy at Birth, Total (Years).” Using these, create a chart comparing the spending on healthcare per capita with the life expectancy in each country. Underneath the chart, on the same slide, address the question: Is there a relationship between life expectancy and healthcare spending?
- Next, based on what you have learned about the healthcare systems of Germany, the United States, Ghana, and Brazil, create four slides (one for each country) that summarize how each healthcare system is structured.
- Next, create another four slides (again one for each country). Each of these slides should summarize your findings from conducting a SWOT analysis for each country (that is, identify the economic strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats) associated with marketing Comanapracil in each country.
- Create one to two slides recommending which two countries are most attractive for marketing Comanapracil and why.
- Your board has shown a particular interest in the German market. In order to market your drug in Germany successfully, you must be approved by the German Institute for Quality and Efficiency in Health Care (IQWIG). Create two to three slides, addressed to the IQWIG, which argue for the importance of why your drug should be covered. Address the following issues:
- How much of a gain in health outcomes will this drug provide?
- Do other drugs provide similar effectiveness in treating this disease?
- How many people will benefit from this drug? Explain why some people will benefit from the drug more than others.