Homework Essay Help: Distribution of data points: STAT 200 QUIZ 2 WEEKS 3, 4, 5, 6 (16 @ 0.5 pts = 8 points)
SHOW YOUR CALCULATIONS NOT SOFTWARE
SUBMIT ANSWER SHEET ONLY NOT THESE QUIZ PROBLEMS
1. For a set of numbers, if the mean is equal to the median, its distribution might be:
c. Normally distributed
2. In the graph, there are two distrubitions and we can tell (Select ALL that apply):
a. The mean of distribution A> the mean of distribution B
b. The mean of distribution A < the mean of distribution B
c. The standard deviation of distribution A> the std deviation of distribution B
d. The standard deviation of distribution A= the st deviation of distribution B
3. (T/F) A BOX PLOT gives us considerable information about a data set, including the number of data points in any given range.
4. There are 20 coupons rolled up and placed inside round plastic balls in a box. There are 3 different types of coupons: 10 of them can be redeemed for “free drinks”, 5 can be redeemed for “free desserts”, and 5 can be redeemed for “free entrees”. If you shake the box and then randomly select one coupon. What’s the probability that you will get a “free entree coupon”? (a) 25% (b) 10% (c) 20% (d) 50% (e) None of these
5. Mary was tossing a coin. She tossed three times. What’s the probability that at the first toss she gets a head, the second toss she gets a tail at and the third time she get a tail? (a) 3/8 (b) 0.50 (c) 12.5% (d) 25%
6. 100,000 people: twenty percent are children younger and 7% of those children are malnourished. How many children malnourished? (a) 1000 (b) 1400 (c) 1200 (d) 1600
7. A normal distribution of data points has a mean of 15 and a standard deviation of 5. What is the standardized Z-VALUE for a data point with a value of 7? (a) +1.3 (b) -1.6 (c) -2.1 (d) +1.6
8. In this data set above, what is the probability that a data point is 7 or less?
(a) 4.5% (b) 0.095 (c) 0.055 (d) 55%
9. TOSSING A COIN: Using the Normal to approximate the Binomial (NOT the complex formulas) with a What is the probability of (binomial) data getting 17 to 21 heads out of 36 tosses? THE RANGE FOR WHICH WE DETERMINE THE Z VALUES FOR THE LOW AND HIGH ENDS IS?
(a) 17 to 21 (b) 17.5 to 19.5 (c) 16 to 22 (d) 16.5 to 21.5
10. What are the MEAN and Standard deviation approximations we use for this calculation?
(a) 18 and 3 (b) 17 and 10 (c) 18 and 9 (d) 16 and 3 (e) None of these
11. What are the z-Values that correspond to the range you determined in #9 above?
(a) +0.5 and -1.17 (b) -0.5 and +1.17 (c) – 0.16 and +0.38 (d) none of these
12. For these z-Values from #11, what are the areas (probabilites) to the LEFT ?
(a) 0.3085 and 87.9% (b) 3.85% and 0.0879 (c) 0.4801 and 13% (d) 4.81% and 95.2%
13. FINALLY, what is the approximate probability of 17 to 21 heads out of 35 coin tosses using the Normal to approximate the Binomial?
(a) 67% (b) 57% (c) 0.43 (d) 0.057 (e) None of these
14. CONFIDENCE INTERVALS IF WE HAVE THE MEAN BUT NOT THE STANDARD DEVATION WE USE THE _______, BUT IF WE HAVE THE MEAN AND THE STANDARD DEVAITION WE USE THE _________
(a) z-Tables and t-Tables (b) t-Tables and z-Tables (c) neither, we can’t calculate a confidence interval.
15. Using the t-Tables with an α of 5% the Confidence Interval would have limits at:
(a) 5% and 95% (b) 0.025 and 0.975 (c) 1% and 99% (d) none of these
16. Calculate the 99% Confidence Interval for 41 sample data points with a mean (m) of 25 and a standard deviation (s) of 5
(a) 21 to 29 (b) 23 to 27 (c) 24 to 26 (d) 22.5 to 27.5
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.