Discussion board 2 400 words
Primary Task Response:
Did you know that you will likely have more than one resume? As you move throughout your career, how you articulate who you are professionally will continue to evolve, and so will your resume. It is good to keep one longer resume with a more complete list of everything you have done, so you can pull from that and tailor a resume to the current point in your career. Even if you are planning to own your own business or to go in a direction where you are not conducting a traditional job search, you should still have a resume that captures your accomplishments, experience, and skills to be able to easily recall that information.
For your Unit 2 Discussion Board, you will have the opportunity to review resume examples and reflect on your own resume. Whether you already have a resume, haven’t updated your resume in a while, or have not created a resume yet, it is important to review resume guidelines and examples.
Please review each of the following resumes:
Answer each of the following questions related to the examples you have reviewed:
- Which resume example is most relevant to your career goals and work experience? Please provide clear examples to support your choice.
- What choices about resume formatting and organization will you need to make to your resume?
- What are the key points that you have learned about resume writing, and how will you apply these in the future?
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?
Reading and Learning Materials
Use the following resources to help you complete this assignment:
Unit 2 Individual Project Grading Criteria
Identify and discuss one resume example that is most relevant to your career goals and work experience.
Reflect on how you will apply formatting and organization choices from the example to your own resume.
Discuss key points learned about resumes.
Include at least 2 follow-up responses to peers.
Peer responses add new depth or insight to the current conversation and encourage further conversation.
Use appropriate grammar and spelling.
Professor Heather Austin. (2018, July 12). How to write a resume with little or no work experience – Resume template [Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79JL8xq0UzY