Diabetes Mellitus and the Metabolic Syndrome
A 48-year-old woman is admitted to the emergency room. Her family states she has been ill for 5 days with vomiting and diarrhea. She has been unable to take fluids for the past 2 days. She has no past major medical problems. Family history is positive for type 2 diabetes in her mother and sister. She takes no medications.
On physical examination:
BP 110/80, P 96, R 22, BMI 34
Skin: dry with decreased turgor
HEENT: oral mucous membranes are dry
Lungs: clear to auscultation
Heart: regular rhythm with no murmur
Abdomen: soft bowel sounds present, no masses
On admission, the following laboratory tests were done:
Fasting blood sugar 250
Total cholesterol 265
High Density Lipoprotein 35
Urine Specific gravity 1.028
The physician made a diagnosis of type 2 diabetes.
1. Reviewing the above history, physical examination, and laboratory data, which of the findings support the diagnosis of type 2 diabetes?
2. This is a new diagnosis for the patient and the nurse in her teaching needs to describe the pathophysiology of the disease. Provide a description of the important information that should be included.
3. What are important dietary changes the patient needs to institute? Think about her BMI.
The client was involved in a motor vehicle accident and sustained a significant head injury as well as severe damage to his back. The health care provider has ordered a stimulation test.
• What is the rationale for ordering the stimulation test for this client?
• Why would the nurse be concerned if the client sustained damage to his pituitary gland?
• Explain the difference between positive and negative feedback in the endocrine system.
• List advantages and disadvantages of various diagnostic tests for endocrine dysfunction.
For more information on Diabetes Mellitus and the Metabolic Syndrome read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metabolic_syndrome#
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.