1. Propose a research question related to our studies. There are several examples listed below – you may use one of those if you wish or propose your own
2. Identify the independent variable and the dependent variables
3. Suggest an hypothesis
4. Go to our library and find at least 1 peer-reviewed academic journal article related to your research question. Provide the Reference to that article in APA format.
After you select a basic topic, you need to develop a research question that expresses what you intend to study. It should include independent and dependent variables, which are discussed below. One easy way to begin the development of a research question is to simply state your topic idea as a question. For example: Topic – I’m interested in finding out if race impacts prison sentence length. Research Question: Does race impact prison sentence length? Then refine the question: Do African-American non-violent felons’ receive longer prison sentences than their White non-violent felon counterparts?
Independent and Dependent Variables:
The Independent Variable (IV) is the social/identifying element that may have an impact on the Dependent Variable (DV). For example, two common IV’s that we study are race and age. The race or age of the accused may have an impact on whether or not the accused is prosecuted.
The Dependent Variable is the social element that varies based on how the independent variable interacts with it, such as prison sentence length.
I think of it like this: The dependent variable (prison sentence length) depends on the independent variable (race of offender).
1. A convicted felons’ prison sentence length (dependent variable) may vary by felons’ race (independent variable). The prison sentence length depends on the race of the felon.
2. A convicted felons’ prison sentence length (dependent variable) may vary by felons’ economic class (dependent variable). The prison sentence length depends on the economic class of the felon.
3. Compared with men (independent variable), women (independent variable) receive lighter prison sentences (dependent variable) for the same offenses.
4. Juvenile offenders sentenced to juvenile facilities (dependent variable) are more likely to have committed a violent offense (dependent variable) when compared with non-violent juvenile offenders (independent variable).
5. Black juveniles and adults (independent variable) are more likely to have criminal justice contact (dependent variable) than White juveniles and adults (independent variable).
6. Black juvenile offenders (independent variable) are waived to adult court (dependent variable) more often than White juvenile offenders (independent variable).
An hypothesis is essentially a guess about how the independent variable(s) will impact the dependent variable(s). It’s basically your best guess on the answer to your research question before you have done your research. For example, I hypothesize that women receive lighter prison sentences when compared with men. Another example: I hypothesize that Black juveniles have more contact with the juvenile justice system than White juveniles.
Submissions should be typed, double-spaced, 1″ margins, times new roman 12 pt font, and saved as .doc, .docx, .pdf.
Use APA format for citations and references
View the grading rubric so you understand how you will be assessed on this Assignment.
Disclaimer- Originality of attachments will be verified by Turnitin. Both you and your instructor will receive the results.
This course has “Resubmission” status enabled to help you if you realized you submitted an incorrect or blank file, or if you need to submit multiple documents as part of your Assignment. Resubmission of an Assignment after it is grades, to attempt a better grade, is not permitted.
**Please use this topic below:
*****Black juvenile offenders (independent variable) are waived to adult court (dependent variable) more often than White juvenile offenders (independent variable).
The peer review article that I selected is Trends of the Time: An Examination of Judicial Waiver in One State.
I have uploaded the peer review to use for this assignment.
Please be sure you follow all instructions carefully please.
For more information on Dependent Variable read this: https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Dependent_variable
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.