Business: Cultural attractions: Attached is Quiz #1. To design the charts you can use Excel or you can do by hands and then scan the page. Send me the file in Doc, Pdf or Excel.
QUIZ 1 BUSI 401
1. A motorist is using the AHP to choose a new car from three possible models: an Arrow, a Bestmobile and a Commuter. The choice will be based on just two attributes, Cost and Style.
When asked to compare the cost of the cars, the motorist makes the following statement: On cost, the Bestmobile is “weakly preferred” to the Arrow, but the Arrow is “weakly preferred” to the Commuter. Also the Bestmobile is “extremely preferred” to the Commuter.
On style, the Arrow is “very strongly preferred” to the Bestmobile, but the Commuter is “weakly preferred” to the Arrow. Also the Commuter is “extremely preferred” to the Bestmobile.
a) Construct a hierarchy to present the decision problem (using a computer or by hands and then scanning the page) (10% of your grade)
2. Imagine you have won a holiday for two people in a magazine competition and you have been given the choice of five holiday’s destinations. The names and details of these destinations are shown below. Use the method of Even Swaps to determine which destination you would choose on the basis of the information that has been supplied. (20% of your grade)
|Destination||Flying time (hours)||Typical sunshine (hours per day)||Time to walk to beach (minutes)||Size of the place||No. cultural attractions nearby||Night life|
3. A chemical company is expanding its operations and disused woolen mill is to be converted into a processing plant. Four companies have submitted designs for the equipment which will be installed in the mill and a choice has to be made between them. The manager of the chemical company has identified three attributes which he considers to be important in the decision: cost, environmental impact, and reliability. He has assessed how well each design performs on each attribute by allocating values on a scale from 0 (the worst design) to 100 (the best). These values are shown below, together with the costs which will be incurred if a design is chosen.
|Design||Cost $||Environment impact||Reliability|
a. The manager is having difficulty in allocating weights to the two benefit attributes. Assuming that the two weights sum to 100 and that mutual preference independence exists between the attributes, perform a high level sensitivity analysis to show how the design offering the highest value for aggregate benefit will vary depending upon the weight which has been allocated to environment impact. (10% of the grade)
b. Eventually, the manager decides to allocate environment impact a weight of 30 and reliability a weight of 70. By plotting the benefits and costs of the design on a graph, identify the design which lies on the efficient frontier. (20% of the grade)
4. One of the criticisms of the AHP is that the introduction of new alternatives can change the ranking of existing alternatives. Under what circumstances, if any, is this likely to be reasonable? (10% of your grade)
5. A manager is hoping to appoint a new assistant and decides to use AHP to rank the applicants for the job. Then, as a check, she decides to repeat the process using SMART. She is surprised to find that the ranking of the applicants derived from the AHP differs significantly from the ranking suggested by the SMART analysis. Discuss why the differences. (30% of your grade)
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.