Creating a culture of innovation
March 15th, 2020
Imagine you are creating a new and innovative technology company. In this assignment, consider the culture, management, and leadership of your organization. Remember that your company should be a place that people want to work.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Describe the characteristics of the people you would want working at your company, in relation to the culture you are trying to cultivate.
- Identify two (2) leadership qualities you would look for in employees. What does their background and previous experience look like?
- Discuss your company’s organizational culture. What are the ways you can help ensure that the company’s culture fosters creativity and innovation among employees?
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- 1. Explain the principal theories and the various approaches to management that have evolved over time and
- their application to current management situations.
- 2. Assess how various leadership styles fit cultural differences and effectively operate in global markets.
- 3. Describe control systems that can improve a firm’s operations and facilitate change.
- 4. Use technology and information resources to research issues in management concepts.
- 5. Write clearly and concisely about management concepts using proper writing mechanics.