Create an annotated bibliography – databases & business intelligence | Databases & Business Intelligence | Northcentral University
Conduct a comprehensive search of the literature and locate 10 articles concerning data management and business intelligence. You will want to concentrate on peer-reviewed journal articles and conference proceedings for the past three years. Then, create an annotated bibliography of all 10 articles. Each annotation should be at least a page in length. Your entries should be APA formatted, and must have a logical flow and transition between them. The final submission must be in APA format and contain a title page, table of contents, and reference list.
- An annotated bibliography is not merely a summary of the article.
- You will start with an appropriate APA-formatted reference at the top of the page.
- Your annotation should include these items:
- Summarize: Some annotations merely summarize what the source says. That is not correct for this assignment—your summary should include an analysis of the information as well. What are the main arguments? What is the purpose of this article? What topics are covered? What type of research was conducted? What were the results?
- Assess: After summarizing a source, you should evaluate it. Is it a useful source? Is the information reliable? Is this source biased or objective? Were there any limitations? What is the goal of this source? What is its relevance to the topic? What are the study’s strengths and weaknesses?
- Reflect: Once you’ve summarized and assessed a source, you need to ask how it fits into your research. Was this source helpful to you? How does it help you shape your argument? How can you use this source in your research project? Has it changed how you think about your topic?
This annotated bibliography should provide sufficient background on the topic to provide a foundation for additional scholarly work.
Length: 10 annotations, not including title and reference pages
Your assignment should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.