As you reflect on what you have learned about Moses this week, consider the promises God made to the Hebrews as a people. How might you apply what you’ve learned about God and God’s promises (covenants) to your own relationship with God?
Upon successful completion of the course material, you will be able to:
• Describe the functions of God’s law as they shape people in covenant relationship with God.
• Examine the function and importance of God’s covenants in the Biblical texts.
• Textbook: God with Us: An Introduction to the Old Testament
• Bible: A standard translation, as noted in the syllabus
• Website: International Standard Bible Encyclopedia
1. Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
2. Review Chapter 9 in your textbook, God with Us: An Introduction to the Old Testament.
3. Review the following in a standard translation of the Bible as noted in the syllabus:
a. Deuteronomy 34:10–13 and Exodus 19:1–25, 23:20–24:12
b. Read the reflection on Moses from the International Standard Bible Encyclopedia.
4. Write a paper addressing the following:
a. Moses’ life (500 words)
i. List and briefly describe observations from each of the 5 periods of Moses’ life as talked about in the article from the International Standard Bible Encyclopedia.
ii. Explore Exodus 19:1-25 and explain the preparations that God instructed Moses to have the people engage in before God gives the 10 Commandments. Why do you think that these preparations were so necessary for the people? Do you believe that these preparations have any application for how God’s people prepared to engage God’s presence in worship today? Explain.
iii. What do you learn about God from Moses’ life?
b. The Tabernacle (500 words)
i. Explain the significance of the Tabernacle. Why was it placed in the middle of the camp of the Israelites?
ii. List the five types of sacrifice required from the Hebrews and discuss what these sacrifices suggest about God’s plan and expectations for Hebrew worship. See Chapter 9, pages 103–104 in your textbook.
c. God’s covenants (1000 words)
i. Summarize the promises God made to the Hebrews as a people through Moses (Exodus 19:1–8; Exodus 23:20 through 24:12).
ii. Describe the characteristics and function of ancient covenants as seen in these Exodus passages.
iii. Identify and describe the significance of at least three modern-day covenants.
1. For example, how is putting an “honesty statement” on your paper a form of the covenant?
2. Why is a down payment important in business transactions?
iv. As you think about the significance of a covenant, what insight do you gain about God and your relationship with God?
5. Be sure to cite and reference your textbook where you quote or paraphrase the author’s thoughts. Cite scriptures you use in your paper. All citations should be formatted using the correct APA format.
6. Copy the questions into the body of your paper and answer the questions in well-written paragraphs.
a. Your responses should demonstrate understanding (synthesis) of the material. Simple lists or sentence fragments are not acceptable.
b. Whenever possible, apply the principles learned to live in the twenty-first century.
7. When you have completed your assignment, save a copy for yourself and submit a copy to your instructor using the Assignment submission page, by the end of the workshop.
1) Content: 60 points (54–60 Points)
Addresses all objectives of the assignment and stays focused on the topic. Clear, focused thesis. Strong supporting details and insights that prove the thesis. Displays critical thinking and analytical skills.
2) Grammar and Mechanics: 12 points (11–12 Points)
There are no errors in mechanics, usage, grammar, or spelling. Paper length requirement met. All required elements of the assignment are met.
3) Format: 8 points (7–8 Points)
Appearance is readable and neat. Correct use of APA formatting. In-text citations and references correctly used. For more information on Covenant (biblical) check on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covenant_(biblical)
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.