Course project: case study – initial assessment
For the project for this course, you will develop a Leadership Intervention Strategy (LIS) for a make-believe prison that has asked for your help.
What is a leadership intervention?
The term “intervention” refers to a set of sequenced, planned actions or events intended to help an organization increase its effectiveness. Interventions are often facilitated by outside organizational development consultants or employees within the organization who have the competencies associated with a trusted change agent. In this case, you are going to take the role of an outside consultant.
Interventions can be done at the individual level, team level, and organizational level. What is important to keep in mind is the objective of all interventions is to help improve the effectiveness of individuals, groups, teams, and organizations.
An intervention strategy can be relatively simple in terms of one initiative to address a problem. For example, a company develops a safety committee after this was identified as an operating deficiency. However, most intervention strategies are more complex and have more than one initiative or sub-strategies which make up one large strategy. The complex approach is what you will do for your Prison X – Leadership Intervention Strategy for this course.
Components to Include in the Project
Your deliverable for Week 1 of the project constitutes a case overview and an initial analysis of specific critical issues, needs, and challenges that may be affecting this organization and its culture.
Read the CASE (attached) of Prison X – Leadership Intervention Strategy.
Summarize the Case Scenario
- Provide a background of the purpose for intervention.
- Summarize the key facts of the case.
Conduct a Needs Analysis
- Analyze the specific critical issues, needs, and challenges that may be affecting this organization and its culture.
- Generally, evaluation of topics and sources should include four or five resources and one or two pages of analysis.
- Cite any sources you use in APA format on a separate page.
- Submit your plan in a 3 page Microsoft Word document.