Week 1 6446 Counseling Children and Adolescents
You must use the Readings
· Carr, A. (2016). Family therapy for adolescents: A research- informed perspective. Australian and New Zealand journal of family therapy, 37(4), 467-479.
· Clark, C. (2013). Irreducibly human encounters: Therapeutic alliance and treatment outcome in child and adolescent psychotherapy. Journal of Infant, Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy, 12, 228-243.
· Fitzpatrick, M. R., & Irannejad, S. (2008). Adolescent readiness for change and the working alliance in counseling. Journal of Counseling & Development, 86(4), 438–445.
· Boyatzis, C. J., & Junn, E. N. (2016). Annual editions: Child growth and development (22nd ed.). McGraw-Hill Education.
o Shulevitz, J., “ Why Fathers Really Matter” (p. 87) o Rosin, H. “The Overprotected Kid” (p. 91)
· Center for Disease Control and Prevention. (n.d.). Milestone checklists. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/actearly/pdf/checklists/Checklists- with-Tips_Reader_508.pdf
· Center on the Developing Child. (n.d.) Three core concepts in early development. Retrieved from https://developingchild.harvard.edu/resources/three-core- concepts-in-early-development/
· Center on the Developing Child (2007). The science of early childhood development (InBrief). https://developingchild.harvard.edu/resources/inbrief-science-of- ecd/
· Mercer, J. (2017). Evidence of potentially harmful psychological treatments for children and adolescents. Journal of Child and Adolescent Social Work, 34(2), 107–125.
· NASW (2003). NASW Standards for the Practice of Social Work with Adolescents. Retrieved
from https://www.socialworkers.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=rU t4ybE_GW4%3D&portalid=0
Therapeutic interventions used with children and adolescents are sometimes different from therapeutic approaches used with adults. Usually adults can engage in an open dialogue about the issues that bring them into counseling. Children and adolescents, however, may be less likely to speak openly or less directly about their issues, so counselors must consider using therapeutic techniques that are more appropriate for that developmental stage.
For this assignment, review the media program Introduction to Child and Adolescent Counseling: Getting Started. Consider the developmental stages of the child and adolescent in the media program and any concerns from a family systems theory perspective. Also, conduct an Internet search or a Walden Library search for at least one peer-reviewed journal article that presents a family systems theory and another peer-reviewed journal article that relates to the use of art therapy with children and adolescents.
The Assignment (2–3 pages):
· Identify the behaviors that the child or adolescent is demonstrating that may be a concern to the counselor in the media.
· Identify two techniques that the counselor used with the child and explain why these techniques were appropriate for the developmental stage.
· Identify two techniques that the counselor used with the adolescent and explain why these techniques were appropriate for the developmental stage.
· Explain any concerns (including any ethical issues) from a family systems theory perspective of how you might as a clinician choose an intervention as appropriate for the family.
· Justify your explanations with evidence-based research.
Support your Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are asked to provide a reference list for all resources, including those in the week’s resources for this course.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.