1. What are the pros and cons of the current one-pool costing system at VMD Medical Imaging Center (MIC)?
2. What are the signs of obsolescence of VMD’s existing costing system? (Provide at least three reasons).
3. Assuming that VMD MIC competitors have an accurate costing system, what are the char- acteristics of jobs (services) that VMD MIC is likely to win vs. lose to their competitors? Provide a graph illustrating the mechanism at play.
4. Assuming that technical complexity is the true driver of overhead costs, what are the char- acteristics of the jobs that VMD MIC will win vs. lose to its competitors? Provide a graph illustrating the mechanism at play.
5. Under what conditions the current costing system might allow VMD MIC to record positive profits?
6. How is the burden rate likely to evolve in the future and why?
7. Provide a a diagram illutrating the following costing systems:
(a) The costing system proposed by Crest, the accountant (b) The costing system proposed by Posh, the consultant
8. What is the main difference between the systems proposed by Crest and Posh? 1
9. Calculate the product cost for each of the four tests in accordance with:
(a) The existing costing system
(b) The costing system proposed by Crest, the accountant
(c) The costing system proposed by Posh, the consultant
10. Consider VMD’s recent investment in the 3D MRI equipment. While this technology allows the Medical Imaging Center to stay at the forefront of technological developments in the field, it is curently underutilized. How would you propose to treat the new equipment from a costing system standpoint?
11. Provide a diagram illustrating your solution.
12. Discuss the pros and cons of your choice.
13. Provide and discuss at least two other ways of treating the new equipment.
For more information on Cost Management read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_cost_management
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.