Answer the following questions using 100 words or more. The answers should be in your own wording.
1. Using your personal work experience and your readings for this week, discuss why you believe it is important to study contracts as they relate to the private market system (Reed, Pagattaro, Cahoy, Shedd, & Magid, 2015). Include in your discussion how contract law provides flexibility and precision in business dealings?
2. Based on your reading of chapter 9 of the text (Reed, Pagattaro, Cahoy, Shedd, & Magid, 2015) and considering how a contract can be legally discharged and when a contract can be breached, respond to the learning activity below.
As a new sales representative for Misco Equipment Corporation, you take a customer out to dinner. Before dinner is over, you have shaken hands on a deal to sell the customer nearly a half-million dollars worth of industrial equipment. In writing up the formal contract the next morning, you discover that you miscalculated the equipment’s price. Your error could cost Misco $60,000. You telephone your customer and explain the situation.
3. After reading chapter 14 of the text, Reed, Pagattaro, Cahoy, Shedd, and Magid (2015), respond to the questions raised in the learning activity below.
You and two of your college roommates have discussed plans to open a restaurant. You intend to attract college-age students who are health and fitness-minded to your restaurant. You and your co-owners agree that each will invest equally in terms of time and money. However, in addition to contributions made by each of you, another $700,000 is essential for the restaurant to succeed.
4. After watching the video, “What’s a Contract and Why Do I Need Them?”, discuss the definition and essential elements of a contract (Romero, 2016).
5. After watching the video, “Choice of Law: What State/Country Laws Will Apply?”, discuss the importance of the Choice of law clause in a contract (Polansky, 2016).
6. After watching the video, “Business Structures”, discuss the following;
7. Arbitrator Stephen Goldberg’s Dec. 8, 2016 decision dealt with the union agreement called the “collective bargaining agreement”. The arbitration concerned the issue of whether the Postal Service violated the agreement when it failed to assign Sales Retention Team center to work to the Clerk Craft and post the position for bid.
After reading the article at the following link that discussed the landmark arbitration decision: http://www.apwu.org/news/web-news-article/landmark-arbitration-decision-upholding-craft-assignments-and-job-posting, what are remedies Goldberg ordered the Postal Service to do?
8. Charlottesville continues to be in the news and has an effect on the business community. Discuss the recent move by companies to cease services to white supremacists from a legal and ethical perspective. How will the companies’ decision affect other companies who have yet to cease services, if at all? Can their action be considered a violation of the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution? How will the actions of the companies, those who cease services and those who do not, affect the business legal community and the protection of their PR or brand perception?
Here is one link that discussed the issue of brand perception: Get homework help here
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.