The purpose of this assignment is to examine how a selected concept is depicted and utilized across disciplines. Concepts are the “building blocks” of theory and are thus critical for much of what you will learn in the graduate program. This assignment also helps to hone your critical thinking skills and showcases your information literacy and writing skills.
Please review the resources provided to you (readings, narrated PPT, rubric, directions) before beginning this process and before turning in your completed product. This should be a running paper (so section 2 is added to section 1, and section 1 and 2 are added to 3) so that your draft and final submission contain all 3 sections. Be sure to submit this paper in APA format (a template is provided in this module).
SECTION 1: To budget your time, by the end of week 3 you should have addressed the areas in this section.
• Identify your concept. It is advisable that you write this as part of an introduction as your final concept analysis paper does require an introduction. Keep it simple and clear (The purpose of this paper is to provide a concept analysis of PROTECTION. This paper will include…………..). Review the rubric for details of what to include in the introduction.
• Begin a literature review that crosses disciplines. A reference list with only nursing sources will not be enough for this assignment – you need to look at your chosen concept very broadly.
• Provide in writing a beginning review of how the concept is used in nursing and at least two (2) other disciplines (LAW ENFORCEMENT AND EDUCATION). Include documentation of sources as you write. You may find that you continue to add to this beginning literature review as you move through the concept analysis process. You will need to reference at least 3 different peer-reviewed journal articles for each profession (nursing and the two other disciplines TOTALING 9). Remember articles need to be published within the last five-years to reflect the current status. The idea is to reflect how the different disciplines use, study, and define your concept from their perspective.
• Provide two specific definitions: a conceptual definition and a clear operational definition of your concept. You may prepare your own operational definition or you may choose a definition from the literature that you feel clearly explicates the concept. Remember to provide sources as appropriate using APA style. See the resource in module 3, “Understanding the Operational Definition”.
SECTION 2: To budget your time, by the end of week 4 you should have addressed the areas in this section and will submit your paper to Smarthinking, the online tutoring service. You are submitting sections 1 and 2 at this time.
• Provide a list of the key characteristics or attributes of the concept that you have identified so far. For each characteristic, provide a source or sources using APA style.
• Antecedents are those things which need to be in place before the concept occurs. Provide a list of antecedents for your concept and document the sources using APA format. Consequences are those things that happen as a result of the concept. Provide a list of consequences and document your sources using APA format. See any concept analysis article from a peer-reviewed journal to view examples.)
SECTION 3: To budget your time, by the end of week 5 you should have incorporated feedback suggestions from Smarthinking and completed section 3. You will turn a copy into the instructor showing how you have incorporated the feedback, including a copy of the feedback you received from Smarthinking, as well as including the final section 3.
• Develop a model case for your concept. A model case shares all of the key characteristics of the concept, all the defining characteristics and at least one of the antecedents and consequences. You will create the model case by telling the story of a hypothetical scenario.
• Reflect on how this concept relates to your current nursing practice. How do you think this concept relates to the professional nursing practice for which you are now preparing?
• Remember that you need to write a conclusion for your paper. A conclusion include no new information but merely summarizes what you have told the reader in your paper.
• Include your aesthetic representation of your concept at the conclusion of the paper. Remember that this is an aesthetic representation of your concept. This can be a poem, lyrics of a song, photo, artwork, cartoon, etc. that, in your opinion, depicts your concept in an artistic manner. Remember that you will need to provide complete APA documentation of the source of this representation in your reference list, if appropriate.
In module 6, you will submit your final draft to TurnItIn. View your TurnItIn report. You should rate 15% or less. Make any necessary changes if they percentage exceeds that. This is your full paper (all sections).
By Wednesday of week 7, submit your Final Concept Analysis paper.
References for all citations must be included at the end of your paper using APA format.
For more information on Concept Analysis on Protection read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_protection
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.