1. Compare the frescoes of the Knossos “palace” to those found in the West Building at Akrotiri on Thera. Do their subjects indicate different ways of life by those inhabiting these buildings? Do their color palates differ, and if so do these differences imply different levels of wealth? Feel free to make any other comparisons you believe are appropriate.
2. Compare the approaches of Heinrich Schliemann and Sir Arthur Evans to their excavations. Do the thirty years between the start of their excavations (1870 for Troy; 1900 for Knossos) bring any changes to Evans’ management? Do both men do things no archaeologist would do today?
3. Mysterious scripts called Linear A and Linear B were unearthed on Crete (A) and at Mycenae (B). Michael Ventris and John Chadwick with the assistance of Alice Kober broke the code of Linear B. Within the last ten years, several archaeologists have claimed at least partial decoding of Linear A.
What are the characteristics of each? Why are there special challenges in decoding Linear A? Based on your research and on what we have said, do you believe that the decoding of Linear A has been successful?
Be sure to start with a clear thesis of your own and use specific references to the Odyssey to support your thesis.
4. The Acropolis of Athens, the citadel of the city, has mythic and historical connections with the founding of the city datable to at least the tenth-century Mycenaean period. Select ONE of these mythic associations and relate it to the topographical placement of its buildings and/or paths of access.
You might (but by no means must) consider the Panathenaic procession and the route it traveled to dress the statue of the goddess, OR the contest of Athena and Poseidon for the naming of the city and its location on the citadel, OR one of the variants on the birth of Erechtheus and the placement of the Erechtheum; OR any other you may prefer.
5. Select and discuss one of the buildings or areas of the Agora of Athens and consider its placement. Does its immediate vicinity have any special relevance, whether practical or historical, to its function?
You might (but by no means must) consider one of the stoai (sing. stoa); OR the tholos; OR the metro on; OR the law courts and empanelment of the disasters; OR any other building or area which you believe has an important municipal function.
6. The ancient pilgrimage sites we have discussed have common features, not only in their location but in their function(s). Choose any TWO noting how they compare and differ as well as how such comparisons and differences complement their function(s). For more information on check on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_archaeology
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.