Case study | Criminal homework help
No directly quoted material may be used in this project paper.
Resources should be summarized or paraphrased with appropriate in-text and Resource page citations.
Final Project – Case Study
Your assignment is to read the Case Study document in the Course Content. This document describes a homicide case that includes crime scene sketches, a list of evidence at the scene and the results of specific analysis, photographs of the scene, preliminary and follow-up investigative reports, a list of investigative contacts and suspects. You should assume that there are some constitutional challenges to the case in the form of a motions hearing. Evidence such as confessions and physical/forensic evidence will be challenged by the defense.
You will write a report that addresses the issues and problems listed. References must include course instructional material and that support the points you make in the report. Your paper must include the following:
- discussion of the crime scene investigation and analysis of the evidence at the scene
- discussion of investigative steps and strategies involved in this homicide investigation
- discussion of both interviews of witnesses and interrogation of suspects
- explanations to counter defense efforts to suppress evidence (constitutional challenges)
- an analysis of what you learned in class and how it was applied in this case, including any glaring differences between the text and the application process
- discuss the application of modern scientific techniques and technology to investigative processes
The list above is to be used only as guidance in collecting information for the final product; items above are not to be listed and/or used as topical items in the final paper.
Your report should include the following:
· an introductory section that explains the purpose of the paper
· your reflections on the agency and its administration
· the body of the paper, addressing the previously mentioned factors
· Paper should be a minimum of 2,500 to 3,000 words (ten to twelve pages)
· Double space
· 12 pt. font
· 1” margins
· Use APA citations for all sources
· Include reference page using APA format guidelines (not included in word count)
- Create a cover page for your assignment (not included in word count)
Include your name
Course title and number
Date of submission