It is designed to familiarize you with the real-world practices of budgeting and financial management in healthcare organizations and demonstrate your ability to analyze a budget/financial statement using excel spreadsheets. It will require the application of the skills and concepts you have learned during the semester including a review of the pertinent literature. It will include a written and oral presentation component, including PowerPoint slides to be presented on the last day of class. This paper should be approximately 18-20 pages in length. A reference page will be required based on the APA reference style (times new roman, 12 point font, 1 inch margins) and include a cover page, table of contents and bibliography (not counted in the page limit). References must extend beyond web-based sources to include class readings and peer reviewed journals. You must have AT LEAST 10 references. (5 of which must be peer-reviewed).
Can be a hospital, nonprofit, healthcare provider, health insurance, etc.
Suggested steps for conducting the project are described below:
– Identify a healthcare organization that you are most interested in
– Conduct a thorough literature review of budgeting, accounting, and/or financial management practices for the organization (e.g. hospital, clinic, etc.) you have selected to investigate.
– Examine at least two or three past budgets and/or annual financial reports for your chosen entity to get a sense of its finances and budgeting/financial management practices.
– Choose some particular topics that are worthy of more attention. For example, the condition of the economy might have affected funding levels and/or budgeting practices for particular revenues, programs, and services provided.
– Develop at least five (5) analytical techniques (provided by a professor) you have learned this semester for budgets and financial analysis. Use of excel spreadsheet for analysis, present value, forecasting, etc. must be incorporated. `You may also use charts and tables.
The final report should be no more than 20 double spaced pages (times new roman, 12 point font, 1 inch margins) and include a detailed bibliography (not counted in the page limit). Be sure to properly cite all referenced materials. The final report should include all of the following and be structured as follows:
a. Cover Page
b. Table of contents
c. Abstract (No more than 300 words)
d. Introduction and background information for the chosen entity
• Problem that you are looking at; • State purpose of your paper
e. Literature review
f. Budget/Financial Analysis
• Include a basic description of your budget.
• What accounts for the major sources of revenue and expenses?
• Use at least 5 analytical techniques you will learn this semester for analysis (provided by professor)
• Use of excel spreadsheets for analysis, present value, forecasting etc. must be incorporated. You may also use charts and tables.
h. References (not included in page limit)
I. Appendix (not included in page limit)
• Any necessary supporting documents from the actual budget(s) that you have examined
An example of the paper will be available. Excel spreadsheets should be within the report and the Powerpoint (15 mins worth) reflecting the paper and results from the budget.
With the Excel spreadsheet:
Sheet 1= Ratio Analysis
Sheet 2= Forecasting
Sheet 3= Time Value of $
Sheet 4= Cost-benefit analysis
Sheet 5= Bond Valuation
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.