Bus 119- week 1 -discussion 1 | BUS 119 Principles of Personal & Organizational Leadership | Ashford University
June 5th, 2020
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read Chapters 1 and 2 from Introduction to Leadership: Concepts and Practice, Importance of leaders with the right leadership styles, What makes a great leader? (Cover Story), and What Is Leadership? (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. articles. Additionally, read the Week 1 Weekly Lecture.
Complete the 1.2 Conceptualizing Leadership Questionnaire in the Summary and Resources section of Chapter 1 of Introduction to Leadership: Concepts and Practice, then answer the following questions:
- What do the scores you received on the Conceptualizing Leadership Questionnaire suggest about your beliefs on leadership?
- Of the six dimensions on the questionnaire (traits, ability, skills, behavior, relationships, and process), which two are the most similar to your own beliefs?
- Which two dimensions are the least like your own beliefs? Explain.
Northouse, P. G. (2018). Introduction to leadership: Concepts and practice (4th ed.). Retrieved from https://content.ashford.edu/
- Chapter 1: Understanding Leadership
- Chapter 2: Recognizing Your Traits