Book of Isaiah
This week, you have studied much about the history of Israel and Judah. Through the stories of kings and the prophetic voices of Isaiah, Elisha, and Jeremiah, you have seen God’s nature illuminated.
As you reflect on your learning this week, consider the relationship between God’s mercy and His use of judgment as a means of redemption and restoration for His people.
Upon successful completion of the course material, you will be able to:
• Discuss the role of the prophetic voice as it impacts the political, social, economic, and spiritual affairs of Israel and the surrounding nations.
• Discuss God’s enactment of judgment in the lives of His own people as a means of redemption and restoration.
• Textbook: God with Us: An Introduction to the Old Testament
• Bible: A standard translation, as noted in the syllabus
1. Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
2. Review Chapters 13 and 19 in your textbook, God with Us: An Introduction to the Old Testament.
3. Review the following in a standard translation of the Bible:
a. 1 and 2 Kings
b. Isaiah 52:13–15 and 53
c. Jeremiah 29–33
4. Write a paper addressing the following:
a. Describe three major sins of Israel and Judah as revealed in 1 and 2 Kings and addressed by the prophets. Provide support for your answer using properly cited references from Chapter 13 and/or 19 of your textbook. (500 words)
b. Briefly describe the ministries of the prophets Elisha and Jeremiah. What does each of their ministries reveal about the nature and characteristics of God? Provide support for your answer using properly cited references from Chapters 13 and 19 of your textbook. (750 words)
i. Helpful references for Elisha are found in 2 Kings chapters 2-13 and Chapter 13 in your textbook.
ii. Helpful references for Jeremiah include Chapter 19 in your textbook and Jeremiah 29–33.
c. Isaiah 52:13–15 and Isaiah 53 have been interpreted by Christians to refer to Jesus. Use the cross-reference feature in your Bible (the small italicized letters inserted behind words or phrases) to list the New Testament references to these passages. What do these passages teach us about Jesus? (500 words)
5. Be sure to cite and reference your textbook where you quote or paraphrase the author’s thoughts. Cite scriptures you use in your paper. All citations should be formatted using the correct APA format.
6. Copy the questions into the body of your paper and answer the questions in well-written paragraphs.
a. Your responses should demonstrate understanding (synthesis) of the material. Simple lists or sentence fragments are not acceptable.
b. Whenever possible, apply the principles learned to live in the twenty-first century.
7. When you have completed your assignment, save a copy for yourself and submit a copy to your instructor using the Assignment submission page, by the end of the workshop. For more information on the Book of Isaiah check on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Isaiah
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.