Biology videos assignment | Biology homework help
please read and carefully understand the instructions, you will have to watch all the 4 videos and answer all and each question under the video. you will find the 3 video’s link is in the instructions and the fourth one in the pdf attached.
Natural Selection and the Rock Pocket Mouse — HHMI BioInteractive Video
How quickly can natural selection work? “The Making of the Fittest: Natural Selection and Adaptation” tells the story of a living example of Darwin’s process…youtu.be Adaptions Rock pocket The Rock Pocket Mouse is the “Snickers Bar” of the desert………..
- What is a mutation?
- Can evolution repeat itself?
- What was the name of the mutation found in the dark mice?
- What environmental change occued that led to an increase in the dark alleles?
- What three factors illustrate how the rock pocket mouce scenario is a good model to represent natural selection?
GMOs and feeding the world
https://www.ted.com/talks/pamela_ronald_the_case_for_engineering_our_food/up-next?language=The case for engineering our food
Pamela Ronald studies the genes that make plants more resistant to disease and stress. In an eye-opening talk, she describes her decade-long quest to isolate a gene that allows rice to survive prolonged flooding. She shows how the genetic improvement of seeds saved the Hawaiian papaya crop in the 1990s — and makes the case that modern genetics is sometimes the most effective method to advance sustainable agriculture and enhance food security for our planet’s growing population.www.ted.com
- view the attached TEDs talk. Summarize why Dr. Ronald supports GMO technology
- Find another TEDs talk (or presentation) that DISAGREES or contradicts her point of view. Attach the link. Briefly summarize why the source is opposed to GMO technology.
- Where do you stand on this issue?
video #4: Germ Theory
- What is childbed fever? (1 point)
- What was Semmelweis’s hypothesis as to why more women were dying of childbed fever under the doctor’s care rather than the midwives? (1 point)
- Why were Semmelweis’s ideas not accepted in 1846? (2 points)
- Why was Pasteur so concerned with finding out about disease transmission? (1 point)
- What industry was he working for? (1 point)
- Pasteur’s experiment led to what theory? (1 point)