Assignment: small-scale qualitative research project–coding of the
Assignment: Small-Scale Qualitative Research Project–Coding of the Interviews and Theme Analysis
At this point, you have conducted semi-structured interviews and have a wealth of “unmanaged” data. This week’s Assignment will give you foundational practice in making sense of that data through coding and theme analysis. You will discover repeating ideas by grouping related passages of text together (coding) and will record the repeating ideas into larger groups that express a common theme.
To prepare for this Assignment, review the Transcript and Coding Template document provided in this week’s Required Readings and consider again the transcription of your interviews that you submitted in Week 4.
By Day 7
Submit a completed coding and theme analysis for each interview based on the template provided in this week’s Learning Resources. Your analysis should include the following:
· Your research question for these interviews
· A list of the codes you developed from your interview transcripts
· A description of your thinking or working process, explaining how you developed your codes, including any evolution of your coding system
· In-text coding for your interviews (This means that you are to select and identify chunks of data [codes]. Then create a list of themes and their descriptions developed from the codes. Keep your interview transcripts intact, and show where you have applied the codes to the text.)
Note: Be sure to use the Transcript and Coding Template to complete this Assignment. Also, refer to the Week 5 Assignment Rubric for specific grading elements and criteria. Your Instructor will use this rubric to assess your work.
Submission and Grading Information
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
· Please save your Assignment using the naming convention “WK5Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” as the name.
· Click the Week 5 Assignment Rubric to review the Grading Criteria for the Assignment.
· Click the Week 5 Assignment link. You will also be able to “View Rubric” for grading criteria from this area.
· Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer button. Find the document you saved as “WK5Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” and click Open.
· If applicable: From the Plagiarism Tools area, click the checkbox for I agree to submit my paper(s) to the Global Reference Database.
· Click on the Submit button to complete your submission.