Assignment 2: project paper | World history homework help
Assignment 2: Project Paper
Due Week 7 and worth 200 points
The Project Paper focuses on a suggested topic related to art, history, or literature, with important examples and themes that still resonate today for one’s professional or personal life. The project will reflect your views and interpretation of the topic. This project is designed to help you stretch your mind and your abilities to be the creative, innovative, and critical thinker you already are!
Choose one (1) of the topics from the list of topic choices below. Read the topic carefully. Write a three to four (3-4) page paper (750-1,000 words) that responds to each of the items described in the topic. (Exception is the video presentation of the first topic below which is a different communication form).
For the topic you choose:
- Support your ideas with specific, illustrative examples. If there are questions or points associated with your chosen topic, be sure to answer all of the listed questions and address all of the items in that topic. If your topic asks you to do several things related to the topic, be sure to do each of the things listed.
- The listed topics each have a certain presentation format or writing genre with it (video, essay, poem, etc), and each topic involves looking at a distinct form of presentation (oral speech, novel, visual art, poetry, etc. And each topic involves some sort of challenge or theme that is relevant to modern work and life. Be creative and admire the creativity of others.
- Follow the instructions below for what sources to use and what formatting to use in layout and referencing. Avoid sources that are not good academic quality for college writing (Wikipedia is one example). Do NOT use any source that provides or sells college essays.
Women Challenge their Audience. Essay. Lessons in Public Speaking: Two women of very different backgrounds and language skills gave effective speeches in the cause of abolition. Read the speeches and the background of them. Angelina Grimke Weld’s speech in Philadelphia in 1838: http://www.historyisaweapon.com/defcon1/grimke.html ; the background of that speech is at http://eloquentwoman.blogspot.com/2016/09/famous-speech-friday-angelina-grimkes.html . Sojourner Truth’s famous 1851 speech and its background: https://www.nps.gov/articles/sojourner-truth.htm . Also see background in chapter 29 (p. 963) of our class text. Then write an essay that includes the following:
- Biographical information for each woman, emphasizing elements especially relevant to the speeches.
- Describe the obstacles and limitations each faced that normally would hinder the making of these speeches.
- Using specific lines, show or illustrate effective speaking methods that helped them connect to the audience.
- Describe two lessons you learn from these examples that could be of value to you for communications in your professional life.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than others Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Include a title page containing the title of the assignment, your name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date of submission. The title page and the source list are not included in the required length (750 words minimum). The body of the paper must be double-spaced between lines and must use paragraphing.