Assignment 2 | Education homework help
Assignment 2: Professional Development Plan
Due Week 8 and worth 200 points
This assignment consists of three parts:
- Part 1: Professional Resources and Issues in Education
- Part 2: Action Plan for Continued Growth
- Part 3: Career Readiness Documents
You must submit all three parts for the completion of this assignment.
For Part 1, use the Internet or the Strayer Library (https://research.strayer.edu) to research professional organizations, grant opportunities, and / or virtual learning communities pertinent to both the theme of your portfolio, and your current or prospective work environment.
Part 1: Professional Resources and Issues in Education
Write a two- to three-page paper in which you examine relevant organizations and key issues in education that will be beneficial to you as you continue to work in your future career. Complete the following:
- Select at least two of the professional organizations, grant opportunities, and / or virtual learning communities that you have researched, and analyze the manner in which you would utilize the organizations you selected to support your continued professional development.
- Predict at least three issues that you believe will be of particular significance within the next decade, or choose three remaining questions that you ponder which relate to both the theme of your portfolio and your current or prospective work environment.
- Select one of the issues or questions you identified in relation to your theme and work environment, and construct an annotated bibliography of at least five print and non-print resources to consult in the future.
Part 2: Action Plan for Continued Growth
Write a two- to three-page paper in which you examine your development during the program and develop an action plan for continued growth. Complete the following:
- Specify the development of your information literacy / research skills throughout your coursework. Provide one to three papers / artifacts / examples from previous coursework in order to demonstrate your change(s) and acquired knowledge within this area. Note: If you do not have papers / artifacts / examples, attach the description(s) of your chosen previous assignment(s).
- Develop a plan for continued information literacy development as part of your personal and professional growth plan. Your plan must include, at a minimum, the following:
- Three to five information literacy goals
- Potential means (e.g., organizations and resources that you may utilize) to achieve the information literacy goals
- Relevant strategies for applying the literacy skills in educational / work environment
- Specify the development of your writing skills throughout your coursework. Provide one to three papers / artifacts / examples from previous coursework to demonstrate your change(s) and learning in this area. Identify plans for continued writing development as part of your personal and professional growth plan. Note: If you do not have papers / artifacts / examples, attach the description(s) of your chosen previous assignment(s).
- Create an action plan geared toward both building upon your personal and professional strength(s) (identified in Journal Entry 3 – Strengths-Based Reflection) and toward improving your weaknesses related to your portfolio theme. Your plan must include, at a minimum, the following:
- Three to five goals
- Three to five key steps that you plan to take for further evaluation and continuous improvement
- Potential means (e.g., organizations and resources that you may utilize) to achieve these goals
- Relevant strategies for applying the plan in educational / work environment
Part 3: Career Readiness Documents
Submit the final versions of your career readiness documents that you have been working on during the course. Submit each of the following documents in the appendix of your final assignment submission:
- A one-page cover letter that introduces yourself to employers and showcases your skills, qualifications and experience relevant to a position that you would like to apply for in the future.
- A resume or CV that includes the following, at minimum:
- contact details
- opening statement
- list of key skills
- personal attributes/career overview
- educational qualifications
- employment history
- A one- to two-page teaching philosophy that documents your beliefs about education.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Develop a personalized professional development plan that fosters career readiness skills for masters-prepared educators.