Assignment 1: continuity planning overview
June 16th, 2020
Assignment 1: Continuity Planning Overview
Due Week 2 and worth 75 points
Suppose you were recently hired for a new initiative as a business continuity lead / manager at a medium-sized healthcare company. You have been asked to prepare a presentation to the Board of Directors on your main duties for the company and how your position could help protect the business in case of a large-scale incident or disaster. You have been alerted that since this is a new initiative and could come with a potentially large price tag, there is skepticism from some of the Board members.
Write a three page paper in which you:
- Explain the basic primary tasks, ongoing evaluations, and major policy and procedural changes that would be needed to perform as the BC lead / manager.
- Provide insight on how to plan the presentation to garner management and Board buy-in for those who are skeptical.
- Discuss the first four (4) high-level activities that would be necessary in starting this initiative in the right direction and describe the potential pitfalls of each.
- Speculate on the most comprehensive and / or critical challenge(s) in the infancy of this initiative and explain how to overcome that challenge(s).
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Compare and contrast the methods of disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Explain risk management in the context of information security.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in disaster recovery.
- Write clearly and concisely about disaster recovery topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.