Assessment tools and diagnostic tests in children
consider the validity and reliability of different assessment tools and diagnostic tests. explore issues such as sensitivity, specificity, and positive and negative predictive values. consider examples of children with various weight issues.
Child Health Case:
Choose one of the following:
- Overweight 5-year-old black boy with overweight parents who work full-time and the boy spends his time after school with his grandmother.
- Severely underweight 12-year-old Hispanic girl with underweight parents who have been bullied in school just recently
(3–4 pages, not including title and reference pages):
Include the following:
- An explanation of the health issues and risks that are relevant to the child you were assigned.
- Describe additional information you would need in order to further assess his or her weight-related health.
- Identify and describe any risks and consider what further information you would need to gain a full understanding of the child’s health. Think about how you could gather this information in a sensitive fashion.
- Taking into account the parents’ and caregivers’ potential sensitivities, list at least three specific questions you would ask about the child to gather more information.
- 4 to 5 References in appropriate APA formatting. with 5 years