Assessment of addiction | Psychology homework help
June 17th, 2020
This assignment provides the opportunity to interpret results from an assessment tool to determine client problems, strengths, resources, and potential barriers to treatment. For this assignment, learners will select a case study from Riverbend City: Cases Studies media piece that was reviewed in u05s3 (see the Resources for a link). Learners will complete the Addiction Severity Index (ASI) using the media piece for the client in the chosen case study.
- Select a case study from Riverbend City: Case Studies.
- Apply all sections of the ASI using the media piece for this unit.
- Interpret results for each section, indicating client problems, strengths, resources, and potential barriers to treatment.
- Analyze the assessment data to develop a diagnosis based on the DSM-5 criteria.
- Analyze the assessment data and develop initial treatment recommendations for the client in the chosen case study?
- Create two treatment goals for the client in the chosen case study based on the completed ASI data.
- Identify any legal and ethical issues associated with use of the assessment for diagnosis and treatment planning.
- Submit the completed template to the assignment submission area.